Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a slight (very slight) vibration on the steering wheel from the engine when I just start the car and still on park. I want to get rid of this and I want to know if it's just the belts needing cleaning or what? I also noticed the engine making more noise than b4 when I accelerate. Tell me what I should do....Thx.

My Mo has 4k miles and just had oil change.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ThisIsOly said:
I have noticed a slight (very slight) vibration on the steering wheel from the engine when I just start the car and still on park. I want to get rid of this and I want to know if it's just the belts needing cleaning or what? I also noticed the engine making more noise than b4 when I accelerate. Tell me what I should do....Thx.

My Mo has 4k miles and just had oil change.
I would take the vehicle to the dealership and have them try to replicate the vibration. However, on a cold start the engine does run a little more roughly due to a higher idle speed. Might also take some time for those liquid filled engine mounts to absorb some vibration too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a very very very slight vibration that I didn't feel b4 when I first got the car so I don't think the dealer will know the difference between the vibration now and b4. And i just don't want to bother traveling to the dealer to hear them say,"I don't know what your talking about."

I do notice, however, that the engine does feel like it runs better after I've driven for a while.

1) Any suggestions that I can just buy some kind of lube and spray it onto some part of the engine to make the MO run more smooth???

2) One of my neighbors sprayed something onto the belts of a CR-V and the engine ran quieter... anyone know what this is??? WD-40??
:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Well since you just had your oil changed, I would first check the oil level to make sure it is in the normal range.

Do not spray anything on the belts. I can't think of a single reason why a new car would need "belt dressing" (thats probably what it was) to eliminate noises.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem solved

Ok, I just read a post about the CVT operating conditions and have concluded that the steering wheel vibration is due to the engine fluids not being warm enough the first couple of minutes after starting the MO.

Now I feel relieved that it's not just my car in particular that does this weird thing....I love this forum.
:D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Re: problem solved

ThisIsOly said:
...I love this forum.
:D
Couldn't agree more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts