Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 2009 Nissan Murano I took it into the dealer to have replace work done on the fuel pump only to have them disconnect the cable to release my back seats. They claim they didn’t do it and would cost several hundred dollars to look at. Does anyone know if this is something as simple as a fuse? and they just ain’t saying? What can I do to fix it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow. That sucks.

Have you talked to a manager?

@Robotazky
Yeah, to replace the fuel pump the rear seats need to be removed so if the cable was working before they did the job and wasn't afterward then the tech forgot to reconnect it. Definitely complain to a manager and push the issue up the chain if you aren't getting anywhere with the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I did they told me the fuel pump is under the seat and the cable is at the top of the seat and they didn’t have to touch it.
So doesn’t anyone know if the seats have to be removed to fix it or is this a fuse issue?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here's the Service Manual for your car. The seats are covered in the file named "SE" and you'll find diagrams and instructions for removal/reinstallation in pp 114-118. The fuel pump instructions are in the file named "FL" which states to remove the rear seat cushion and reclining device assembly (...the fuel pump cover is underneath these). The seatback control cable is attached to the reclining device assembly.

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2009/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts