Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this qualifies for the "problems" thread, but it is a really big problem for me.

Last night my wife volunteered me to pickup some food from a restaurant and deliver it to this party. She also ordered some extra which remained in the car for a few hours until the party was over and we got home.

MY MO NOW STINKS......:3:

The nice leather smell is gone and the food odor is killing me! I had to roll all four windows all the way down in the chilly weather this morning on the way to work, all 44 miles of it and it still stinks just as bad.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the food odor and restore the nice smell my MO used to have? HELP PLEASE……

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Put a few dryer sheets in your car for a few days. Should eat up the odor pretty well. You'll smell the dryer sheets, of course, but after the bad odor is gone the "laundry" smell will go away pretty quickly when you remove them.

Worked great on my brother's car when he left an apple under the seat which rotted and smelled TERRIBLE. You couldn't even get in the car without gagging, let alone drive it with the windows rolled up. After a week with about 4 dryer sheets, everything was back to normal.

·
4,664 Posts
I've had that happen a couple of times, just transporting food for 20 minutes.

Using something like OUST or just leaving the windows open in the garage, overnight, seems to fix it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Fabreze the carpets and headliner, and leave the windows open overnight in your garage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can always trade in your MO and get a new one. That way you get that NEW car smell... :D

Seriously. The OUST works. If you want something more permanent and works year round. You can get an IONIZER for the car. Sharper image has them. Works really well. and then Wipe down your leather too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You would think with being able to get a man to the moon that some scientist could come up with that new car leather smell in a bottle! :D
I would think he could name his own price for how people go gaga over a new car smell, myself included.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the advice. Will any of the remedys (Fabric Softner, Oust, fabreze) also "kill" the smell of leather? That is what I want to get back.

BTW, I have seen a car air freshner with the smell of leather in Kragen. I will get one of them too.

Thanks again...:6:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Get couple of boxes of Sodium Bicarbonate, common laundry soda (Arm & Hammer) , poke holes and leave it under seats of the car.

Better still if you can spread it on the cargo mat and it will suck the smell right of your interior.

·
4,664 Posts
Couple of summers back, I had to stay with my family in a sleazy, Motel, that was truly beat up, old and with million tons of paint on it.

Walked into the room and and it smelled like 30 guys had just finished playing poker, while chain smoking.

My wife told me there was no way she was going to sleep in that and I'm thinking, uh oh, there's no where else, 'cause there was some event on in town and all the hotels (the real ones) were full, which she knew.

Next thing I know, we're off to the local drug store and bought one of those products you spray to get out the smell. I thought, there's no way this stuff would have a chance against the stench.

Well, It blew my mind. Not only did it kill the smell, the next morning, we still couldn't smell anything, anywhere. Bad smells that is...

That stuff is incredible!!!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
jaak said:
Couple of summers back, I had to stay with my family in a sleazy, Motel, that was truly beat up, old and with million tons of paint on it.

Walked into the room and and it smelled like 30 guys had just finished playing poker, while chain smoking.

My wife told me there was no way she was going to sleep in that and I'm thinking, uh oh, there's no where else, 'cause there was some event on in town and all the hotels (the real ones) were full, which she knew.

Next thing I know, we're off to the local drug store and bought one of those products you spray to get out the smell. I thought, there's no way this stuff would have a chance against the stench.

Well, It blew my mind. Not only did it kill the smell, the next morning, we still couldn't smell anything, anywhere. Bad smells that is...

That stuff is incredible!!!

Yeah Fabreze works pretty well. Its a solution of corn starch, fragrance, and alcohol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts