Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
What happened to that black rubber seal-looking area. Looks like it was pulled out or torn in that one spot above the melted area. I wonder if something got underneath that and caused a problem with the wiring. I wonder if any of that wiring makes its way under or around the seat track. I don't recall off hand what it's called, but do you use that thing where the driver's seat automatically moves back and then forward when you open and close that door? Perhaps a loose wire harness is caught and being tugged on or moved around everytime that courtesy move happens, and has exposed a bare wire. Or, perhaps you have a mouse living beneath the very roomy area between the carpeting and metal floorboards, and it's been chiewing on the wiring.

Attachments

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, I guess I lost orientation where things were. Somehow I thought that trim fit right up against the track area. Forgot there are at least a few inches between that plastic top trim and the seat track.

I still wonder about that raised area of rubber. If a tool wasn't used to try to peek into there to assess the source of the melted area, perhaps heat/flame caused it to bulge, or maybe that area got snagged and lifted up at some point and something slipped beneath there caused a bridge across soldering points that made the system smoulder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts