Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I new it would happen. I wanted 2WD with traction and VDC. Unfortunately I would have to wait 2 months. So being a little impatient I swapped VDC for heated seats! I really need them in Georgia:D ………This morning after my usual early Saturday morning walk along the lake I was coming back home. 200 W Bose up, and I mean up listening to good old Slim Dusty. Stopped at traffic lights. Let the car at front of me go, I was turning left. Half way through the intersection I push the “pedal to the…..” not realizing what was happening. Remember Bose at 200W. I saw some people in other cars looking at me……..strangely. Then I realized that I could smell burning rubber and saw smoke………..hm……..it was me………What a shame…:32: …I felt like I was 18 again..:22:

Lessons learned?………Never Slim Dusty again………He is too good…….Or change the radio………

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Those of us who have AWD Muranos cannot burn rubber no matter how hard we try. :(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I've tried it in rainy weather with the VDC turned off in Ds. The AWD will still kick in even with VDC off, so you might get a moment of slippage but almost instantly it stops as the power is redirected to the rear. I suppose if you brake torque, you might be able to spin the wheels for a little longer, but I'm not sure how that will work with the electronic throttle control. Also, I would never brake torque the tiny torque converter on the CVT, who knows how fragile our CVT's are.

esemes said:

are you certain???

((i have wondered that myself....)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Why don't you test it out?

esemes said:
sorry for the post hijack............

but, what about us less fortunate, non-VSC AWD owners......

·
4,664 Posts
I have AWD, but don't have the other toys and all I can get is a chirp when I floor it into a corner from a stop.

However, I found I could get much more if the tire pressure was lower....

Never been able to smoke 'em, though.:eek:

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So maybe it wasn’t such a bad choice after all……………ha……….ha……:2:

·
4,664 Posts
You'll have more fun, but let us know when you have to buy new tires.... It would be interesting to compare milage!

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jaak said:
You'll have more fun, but let us know when you have to buy new tires.... It would be interesting to compare milage!
it is difficult to translate fun to mileage.........;)

·
4,664 Posts
Hey, I want to be able to smoke all four at the same time, but I can't.... (I've tried!)

So that's all that's left to cheer me up. Better tire milage!

Oh, that would be so much fun to get all four going..... MMmmmmm.... (I hope I never grow up!)

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jaak said:
Hey, I want to be able to smoke all four at the same time, but I can't.... (I've tried!)

So that's all that's left to cheer me up. Better tire milage!

Oh, that would be so much fun to get all four going..... MMmmmmm....

(I hope I never grow up!)
Me too!:D

·
Registered
777 Posts
jaak - you would have really liked my best man's Jeep that he had in college.
It was a Golden Eagle with a built up 307, a 6" lift & giant mudders.
It did the craziest 4 wheel burn outs I have ever seen! :cool:
The hell with tire mileage, you should have seen the looks you get :eek:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've had all four go in the Ty - on dry pavement. It is fun. Wet pavement is even better as long as you aren't next to anyone else :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts