Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '03 Murano : NON BOSE-NON NAV

I am in the process of putting in an aftermarket amplifier. I have the PAC-NIS SAT AUX input converter for the AUX inputs. ( Works Great ) I also went out and purchased the AOEM-NIS1 Package to give me some quality LOW-LEVEL outputs to the aftermarket amp. I am just using the OEM speaker output harness wires ( SPLICE ) to run directly from the amp to the speakers. So I went ahead and did this last night, but when plugging all the harness's back into the radio, The heat sink on the back of the radio got REAL HOT and I smelled smoke......)-: I IMMEDIATELY disconnected the harness's from the radio. Do you have any Idea's Of what I could have done wrong ? The only splicing that I did was to speaker wires ( NO POWER WIRES )

ANY IDEA'S ?

·
4,664 Posts
Hopefully you got my response to your PM....

I expect the Power Amp output is not grounded on one side. If you have grounded anything, that will effectively short one side of your PA. Short=High-Current=Hot=Smoke=Bad

I can't find the AOEM-NIS1 on Pac's site. Does it go by another name?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM-1 It is mainly used for the BOSE radio, But can be used as a line - out converter. I also see that the CHASSIS of the radio is th ground ...... So if you are plugging in all of the harnes's after an install, and have the power on befor the radio touches the the metal side mounts, than you are not grounding the radio, and BAM - FRIED !!! I think this is ewhat I did wrong....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts