Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Central Ontario, last week it was -37 and then a 2 1/2 foot snowfall, The Mo started great and plowed through the snow like it wasn't even there. My only complaint and I'm sure anything can be done about this, The snow and ice build up on the inside of the rims. It throws the wheels out of balance. Anybody have any ideas like maybe a teflon spray might stop the snow ice & slush from sticking to the rims??

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey...what's up?

i'm from toronto. i had the same problem when the first storm hit and a few days ago as well.
i think there are some kind of spray you can get at Canadian Tire.
I'm gonna go check it out in the next few days.
let you know if i find anything.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
The guys that drive in mud have clinging mud that causes out of balance. Guess you will have to clean it out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
5 spoke SL wheels or 6 spoke SE's??? where not expecting that much snow here in MA...but I will be my gf driving and shes not a pro when it comes to driving in the snow!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live around London, ON and have the same problems with snow and ice buildup on the rims as well (6 spoke). It happens fairly quickly and can be really annoying-let me know if you find a good solution.
I also find the MO runs pretty loud and rough from a cold start, but will smooth out and quiet down as it warms up. Also seems to take longer than our other vehicles to warm up (the heated seats are a lifesaver in this case!).
My biggest complaint (I'd love to hear if anyone else has this issue) is that I ALWAYS have a problem with the inside of the front window fogging or frosting up. I'm virtually guaranteed almost everytime I get in (cold or hot engine) that I'm going to have to blast full defrost for the first couple of minutes to clear it. Curious...
The vehicle does handle great in the snow and ice (the brakes are fabulous!), I was a little surprised though at how long it can take to correct for wheel slip, I thought it might be a little more instant than it is.
All in all, I'm very happy!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I wash my MO every 2 days and it sleeps in the garage so the snow does not have time to stick to the wheels but I took no chance and ZAINOed them anyway on the inside. A silicon spray repeated every so often should also help. But in any case, this is a problem for most cars and not only the MO.

·
Registered
844 Posts
davers said:
I live in Central Ontario, last week it was -37 and then a 2 1/2 foot snowfall, The Mo started great and plowed through the snow like it wasn't even there. My only complaint and I'm sure anything can be done about this, The snow and ice build up on the inside of the rims. It throws the wheels out of balance. Anybody have any ideas like maybe a teflon spray might stop the snow ice & slush from sticking to the rims??
I am jealous, as we still do not have any appreciable amount of snow. Please direct all further snow to the following ski resorts: Fernie B.C. Sunshine village, and Lake Louise. We promise to tke good care of it and not to call out the Army to clear the roads.:29: :29: :29:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts