Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 MO with around 90k - this has been going on for the last 2 winters.

everytime there are snow flurries blowing around, my car hesitates and bucks. it doesn't matter what the road conditions are, it doesn't happen when it is raining. it only happens when it is snowing, or the snow is blowing around.

It seem to get less as the engine warms up but never goes away until it stops snowing or blowing.

any ideas?

thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
205 Posts
When was the last time your air filter was changed (if K&N washed and reoiled), I wouldn't expect this but long shot guess

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I don't think your MO can sense snow. It is probably the cold that is causing this, which probably points to an air leak due to cold (old hardened vacuum hose) or some sensor leaning out the fuel/air mixture. I would start by closely checking the MAF sensor and the air tube it sits in. Does it happen when it is cold enough to be snowing but it is not snowing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Bill - I have an 09 Murano and am experiencing the exact same issues. I have, without a doubt pinned the issue to only occur when snowing. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? This only started last year. I have had transmission checked and no issues.

I have a 2009 MO with around 90k - this has been going on for the last 2 winters.

everytime there are snow flurries blowing around, my car hesitates and bucks. it doesn't matter what the road conditions are, it doesn't happen when it is raining. it only happens when it is snowing, or the snow is blowing around.

It seem to get less as the engine warms up but never goes away until it stops snowing or blowing.

any ideas?

thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'd start by checking for cracks your air intake duct, and scanning for trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts