Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. Bought four Nokian Hakkapeliitta SUV's 235/60R18, mounted on four Nissan Murano rims I bought on Ebay last spring. The tires are great. They produce a little more noise that the Hak Q's I have on my van, but they sure do bite. We had about 4" of snow this morning. I have the TPMS so I wondered how the new tires and rims would work without tires with the TPMS. I recall reading a thread somewhere that mentioned that the tire warning light would come on after 50 miles. Actually it is between 30-35 miles. I don't know exactly, I was on the Thruway when it came on both times. Around town it doesn't come on at all, and, there is no sign of a flat on the maintenance section. All and all, so far it is great. I'm sure that here in snow country, I'll have a chance to check out the MO in a lot more snow with the new Hak's.

·
Registered
180 Posts
pmw, where do you live and what did you pay for the Hakka's in 18" size?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live outside Utica, New York, and I paid $185 ea.mounted and balanced. Not cheap, but less than the Grand Trek's, and I've always liked Nokian tires.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks pmw, I am investigating a few options right now and appreciate your comments. Let us know how you like the driveability of the tire on the MO once you wear them in a little.:4:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure will. I noticed an improvement even after driving just a couple hundred miles. I'll post updates now and then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts