Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow Muranoites,

I'm the proud owner of Jaak's old (but in lovely shape) Murano SL rims. They're sitting on my front veranda gathering snow rather than making tracks in it. I've just started shopping for my future snow tires and all I've found so far are the Dunlop Grandtrek M3 and SJ5, and the Toyo GO2 (I think that's the right name).

Has anyone in the snowy parts of our continent had any experience with either of these, and/or does anyone have any other recommendations for me? I'll probably be getting my new tires sometime in early January.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sandarm

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Grandtrek SJ5 tires and find them to be very good for Manitoba winters (this is my second winter with them). They are a bit better on snow than ice but still perform very well overall. The biggest difference is lateral traction compared to the stock Eagles. I love the fact that I almost never spin the tires accelerating from an intersection anymore and have way more confidence in the stopping power.

For the price I think they are a great tire. I wish I had a second set of rims so I don't have to change them twice a year. These tires combined with the AWD make an excellent winter vehicle.

If you search for "SJ5" you should find a few posts about these tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts