Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to get new tires at the dealership... They were advertising buy 3 get one for $1. My Murano came with Michelin touring tires and I wanted the same tires that were already on it. They were one of the most expensive tires and One of a few that were NOT on sale. The Nissan advantage website said they would price match. The dealership wanted $246 per tier. Discount tire wanted $199 per tire. When I called the dealership to inquire about the price match they tried to tell me I needed a quote on paper.... uh the Nissan Advantage website said I could show them a digital quote from my iPad. He went into this song and dance let me check the internal memo language blah blah blah.....
Eventually, after seeing I was not trying to hear that bs, he gave me the price match and added 10% for the road warranty that discount tire didn’t have. I was happy. I paid $1006.06 for the tires and installation mount balance and labor. They ask do I want the free car wash. Sure why not.
When they bring Snook out there is all this gunky residue on my rims. I am disgusted. I ask the person giving me my keys what the heck is this? Did I even get a car wash? He starts singing some song and dance. I’m not hearing it. Dude u need to do something about this before I leave. He proceeds to get a wet rag and wipe off my rims.
It was then I see all the nicks and scratches on my rims. I was VERY unhappy. Immediately where is the effing manager. Get out of my face dude. Bring me the manager now. So she tells me to bring my car back the next Friday, she would take care of it. Fuming I accepted the appointment. The wheel guy she contracted out saved the day. My rims looked brand new and I could not tell they had been nicked and scratched up. What can you do to avoid the dark rims being scratched and nicked while being serviced?
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My husband asked me “They didn’t dress your new tires?” I didn’t know what he was talking about. Were they supposed to dress them, whatever that means?

·
Registered
817 Posts
That means applying tire shine. Only when I have my vehicle washed by hand at a local car wash do I get "free" tire shine, never at any dealer or tire shop! You can do it yourself in just a few minutes if you really want the shiny look, many products out there are available.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discount Tires (America's Tires) is the best place for me. Did you check online ? They're selling the same exact tires for $189/ea with $70Rebate-For-4. Total should be < $900 out-the-door.
After every visits, our tires look so good (They have a bucket & a wand to dress up the tires. Took them a few seconds).

·
Registered
69 Posts
The damage could have easily been avoided if the technician took their time. The dealership did the right thing by having the wheels repaired, but it never should have reached that point. A family member had a similar issue with their wheels when getting new tires at Costco. However, Costco put the burden on the customer to go get the wheels repaired, return with the bill for the repairs, and then file for a reimbursement. It all worked out, but it was a hassle nonetheless.

My friend just got new tires on their 2015 Murano Platinum via the Nissan special. The dealership did not feel they were historically getting decent service from the OEM Bridgestone Dueler Sports since they had already been replaced once before. The dealer suggested a Goodyear tire (meh), but my friend went with the new Continental CrossContact LX25 instead. They said they are not as smooth riding as the Bridgestone, but will take that trade off if it means better wet and winter traction and longer tire life.

The dealer also suggested a new cabin filter and "battery terminal cleaning" which they agreed to do. I think they said the total bill was close to $1,000.00.

·
Registered
2017.5 Murano
14 Posts
Tires: my first time buying from Les Schwab, they installed four of their Back County HT on my 2017.5 MO. I've got to say the highway ride is quiet and smooth, and the mildly aggressive tread makes getting to the campsite on dirt roads a piece of cake - but, no way am I overlanding in this vehicle. Service is quick and friendly, with no hassle rotation and rebalancing as needed. At $1145 out the door, I thought it a little expensive. For years on my other vehicles, I was buying Michelins from Sears, but those days are over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts