Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving to work today and I'm merging onto the highway. There's two 18 wheelers carrying paving equipment...and you can pretty much guess what happens....I see this huge piece of gravel/asphalt fall off of one of the pieces of machinery..bounce once off the highway...off my hood...off my windshield and gone. I get out and there's no crack or anything on the windshield, but there's two dents in my hood with some full depth scrapes...my MO is only a month old!!!!

I am so pissed off right now. Is there any chance that if I contact the company that they'll do anything...I figure they'll laugh at me and say...good luck trying to prove anything.

BAHHHHH!!!

Dan

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It just depends on the company.

My wife worked for a concrete company in Dallas.
They were always getting complaints about rock falling off and cracking windshields despite their care at covering loads, etc.

All they required was for you to come by so they could see the spot, verify where you were and when, and they would write you a check and/or send you to a windshield place that they worked with.

They did this to be a good neighbor. The boss was adamant about it.
"If we broke it, we will buy you a new one."

Bottom line: It's worth a try.

Homer

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would say any good company would do it for you - or at least meet somewhere in the middle. Sucks to hear.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If anything, contact them. You or someone else may have been seriously injured by this incident. May at least get them thinking about the consequences of their actions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts