Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally made the move to get rid of my 03 Murano. The car was just wonderful to drive, but if I had to deal with the service departments around here one more time, I was going to sign all of the service associates up for Saw 3.

So I worked the phones and fax machines to get a deal on an 06 Camry Solara Convertible. The wife and I decided it was time for something really fun and this was the most sensible and dependable option out there...

...The fact that I was able to hammer the dealer down to $600 over invoice didn't hurt either!:D

So my Murano, and more importantly, my Nissan days are over. I will probably lurk around here from time to time, but there won't be a big need for me to post. I wish all of you the best of luck with your Muranos and I really hope you all have as much fun driving yours as I did mine!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not really surprised.... at this point I really DON"T LIKE my Nissan dealership. Lousy service, not customer friendly at all.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sorry to see you go. Then again, you have to be happy with your car and service you get or it is not going to be worth it.

Good luck...:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I have to agree...I'm not too fond of the reception/vibes I've received from my Nissan Service Dept here in MD either(Herb Gordon) so this week I'm due my 15K service and I am probably going to switch dealerships and go to VOB in Rockville...Will keep you all updated on my experiences with them....

·
Registered
747 Posts
VG.

We must be on the same page. I started looking this past week. I love the Murano but I hate dealing with the Nissan Service. To put it bluntly it is the worst I have ever experienced. I am not going to blindly take the leap though. My situation needs to be right before I move on. I have to be able to save some money and get something that has a good service experience and I can afford. I have even looked at the new Lincoln Zephyr. I love the interior and I thought that maybe Lincoln would give better service. I'll have to wait it out and see if there will be more rebates before I step into that though. Good luck to you. The Solara is a nice looking convertible.

·
Registered
301 Posts
With all this talk about quality service.... Can anyone generically say that the service department of any car brand is good or great? I would expect the luxury brands to be better, since you're paying more for it. But what about the rest of the non-luxury dealers? Anyone want to vouch for any?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
mozman said:
With all this talk about quality service.... Can anyone generically say that the service department of any car brand is good or great? I would expect the luxury brands to be better, since you're paying more for it. But what about the rest of the non-luxury dealers? Anyone want to vouch for any?
I really think the service you receive is directly proportional to the level of care your service advisor is willing to give you. That is true even for the luxury lines. I suppose the "luxury" lines pay better and are therefore able to attract better service advisors. But exceptions do occur.

Last time I called the service department at the mercedes dealership the guy acted as if he was in the commercial for the "capitol one" credit card and kept on saying "no", "can't do", "not covered". But then I got my regular guy and all was fine from that point, including loaner, coffee, and wash!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Its the same anywhere... it just seems that the Nissan Service Departments attrack the zeros. In their defense dealing with the public is a difficult too.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Mercedes Ben

mozman said:
Uniformly, for years the service has been outstanding. EVERYTHING FROM S class thru SKL's, Very polite, very complete, always wash the car, addres me by name. perfect in everyway.

G

·
Registered
781 Posts
I recently bought a '93 4Runner for a winter beater at the local Lexus dealership. The dealer told me when I bought it I get free car washes as long as I own the car. I asked 'even on used' and he assured me - even on used. I can also make use of their waiting room which has a plasma TV, Starbucks, rolls, soda...

I've gone twice for my free wash and always have been treated well - even in my 'beater'.

More than likely, the Murano replacement will be coming in the form of a Lexus.

·
Registered
828 Posts
You hit this topic just right. I love my Murano but have never been able to have my service department fix anything. Except for alternator after 3 attempts.

Now issues are adding up. I would go for a 06 or 07 but not with the service provided.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. I love my Murano, but hate my service department. Services always take twice a long as they say they will. I make appointments, and arrive on time. They say their time estimate counts from "when it hits the rack" and not when I drop it off, so they can't really ever say for sure how long it will take. Four visits ago, after the alternator change, they made a huge grease stain dead-center on the driver's floor mat. With each following visit, I asked them to clean it or replace the mat. They would steam clean it until it appeared clean, but it would seep back up after a few days. I finally had to scrub it out myself.

I've had to complain so many times that I'm worried they will see me coming next time and perform sub-par work just on spite. (May be a bit paranoid.) My complaints are valid. I'm normally the type of person who would eat the fly in my soup rather than bother the waiter by sending it back.

The dealership has me hooked on the "free tires for life if I service it there each time" scam. I'm cheap enough to put up with their poor service rather than admitting defeat and forfeiting my free tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts