Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group,

I've got to get four new tires (ouch $'s) within a month, and want something good.
What are You running?

Irv in Maine
2009 Murano LE - Burgundy Red

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm replacing my factory Toyo's with 25000 miles on them with Michelin Defenders. Ive done a lot of research and read a number of reviews and they get great marks from everyone. I'm just waiting for black Friday as Tire rack usually has sales on these. I'm in NYC so a great snow tire is not really needed.
You should check out tire rack and try to get something with the severe snow rating.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunlop Grandtrek ST20 on mine, no complaints yet....
Hi JDE64- I just bought 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus in 245/50/20 with $60- off from Tire Rack for $591-
I get them mounted on Friday!
Thanks!
Irv in Maine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed Goodyear WeatherReady on my 2018 SL. They also have great reviews, especially in the snow. They aren't cheap. I have 20" wheels so they are a little more but these were $1100. The reviews on the Bridgestone Dueler HP that came on this vehicle were terrible and I wasn't going to risk it in the winter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in TN and been using Michelin for a while but right now I'm getting tight on the money and I'm about to pick up this one:
GOODYEAR
ASSURANCE MAXLIFE
235 /55 R20

For the 2010 Mo. I really want the Michelin Defender instead!

·
Super Moderator
8,411 Posts
I'm in TN and been using Michelin for a while but right now I'm getting tight on the money and I'm about to pick up this one:
GOODYEAR
ASSURANCE MAXLIFE
235 /55 R20

For the 2010 Mo. I really want the Michelin Defender instead!
[/
Goodyear has some good tires and some duds. If I recall, the Assurance line has some good reviews. I do research at Discount Tire and Tire rack online before buying.

We got a new set of 20" Goodyear Forteras on our Jeep Grand Cherokeee and they're nice on the highway in good weather, but their snow traction was not up to par. I gave up on them and bought snow tires and wheels to change out for winter. And remember, that's on a Jeep with Quadra-Track.

On my Murano, the last tires I bought were the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes. If you check you'll find many positive comments about them.

One final note - I've never been disappointed in a set of Michelin tires. Ever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts