Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem....

When I wash my car, I dry it off, I open the trunk to wipe in there... and there is white soap suds up by the wires/hinges. What's up w/ that??? IS there no protection / rubber molding to keep the water out ??

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I have noticed that too. Seems like the inside gate cover also acts as a seal. Plus I have noticed I have to make sure I clean that area as lots of dirt can accumulate up there.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've also found that I get a lot of soap suds on the lower door channels or whatever you call them -- especially after a high-pressure wash. Opening the doors reveals a steady line of suds along the bottom of the door openings on the body... anyone else notice that one or do I have 4 faulty door seals?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My baby just isn't sealed well I suppose. She needs to be cleaned behing the 'ear' after the shower.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I haven't noticed that, but I do flood the piss out of her when I am rinsing. I use one of those spray wands for gardens, takes 3 seconds to fill a gallon bucket so I know it has flow, just a very gentle flood. I flood the crap out of the channel on top above the doors, the mirror housings, all door seams, to make sure there isn't any soap left.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is a common characteristic for hatches. I do the same as mghte3 and rinse well in that area. I get the soap residue around the door sills though and have to take a clean wet mitt to it before I can chamois.

For the hatch area I use a little cordless leaf blower that removes all the water instantly, that area ia a real PIA to dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts