Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out this morning and saw a “nice” thing on my Mo. Some mo&$%r f^&*er keyed the passenger door. :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: It was parked the driver side to the sidewalk, so that mean some freaking idiot was sitting in his car and scratching my door. What the fu$%^ing city :cursin: , and the ugly people, they have no respect to anything or to anyone. I do not even understand why that happened I was not taking two parking spots, like the other people in my neighborhood. Anyway, two of the scratches are really deep, but most of them are just the gel coat scratched off. Does anybody try to get something like that out? What did you use? Please help.

P.S. I HATE NEW YORK, AND THE MOST PART OF THE PEOPLE WHO LEAVES HERE. :cursin: :cursin:
:cursin:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Damn, I can imagine how that feels. You have to remember A$$-holes are everywhere. One guy did this so you can't hold the whole city responsible. This turd is not concerned about your parking spot.
He is jealous that you have a nice new shiny car and he has the IQ of a ping pong ball. He/she will never own a car that is as nice as yours so he/she found a way in their warped little mind to get even.
"Destroy what I can't have!" What about biting the bullet on a garage? How much and are they available? You will be a little lighter in the wallet but gain piece of mind. The MO will be much happier also.
Bob1

·
4,664 Posts
Unfortunately, that's why I always rent a car with local plates when I go there to visit the kin folk. At least they didn't smash your window and take contents in the middle of the day with people watching. It's so hard to remember the good people of NYC with the hand full of losers that ruin it. But you should.

One bad apple in the big apple.. Sorry to see it happen. Someone might key him one day.:3:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I feel ya.

This morning I went to my car to get smth out of the trunk and saw a scratch on my right front fender - some @$$wipe must have banged it with his car door. Why can't people friggin be careful when they open doors on the parking lot?

We really have too many idiots around.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks for the support guy. Any suggestions how I can remove those or at least blind them in??? I stop by at my mechanic shop and the guy told me that it would cost approximately $700 to fix it. I wish I could find the man who did it; I will make him to pay $700 everyday as a medical bills. Ahhh I’m so angry…..

·
Registered
120 Posts
check www.paintscratch.com

See if you can do it yourself with their supplies. There are good instructions there as well.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
after a carwash today i saw my MO.....
i was almost about to scream... WTF !!!!! there were about 6 places with some scratches made by door slams.....

what the hell is wrong with people..... cant they just see while opening doors...... i am looking for getting a side molding for the mo to avoid anymore damage.... i have the touch-up pen by nissan but i dont know why isnt it working .....

oh god ! make people with cars sensible enough to watch out for other's cars....... (and also save my MO if they cant be sensible enough)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
what the hell is wrong with people..... cant they just see while opening doors

You have a problem in Saskatoon? Holy crap, I have a vision of 6 cars on the road and a few moose. Can't imagine there are so many cars up there they have to squeeze in and bang doors! I need a road trip to check that place out. I don't picture it looking like downtown Manhattan or anything. :eek:
Bob1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well at least you guys have no clue who did the damage. It's much better that way, trust me. When my girl borrowed my MO to move some stuff around. As the nice BF I am I went ahead and handed the keys gladly. I was just happy she just wanted the MO and not me included... :)

When I got the MO back, she neglected to tell me she loaded a boxed item (screen door.. which I later had to put in too.) on the roof. When she unloaded it she thought she could just pull/slide it off the roof. Needless to say she lost privileges to the MO. I was able to buff it out with regular wax.

Good luck with your MO. Hope it comes off.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I feel your pain hasaanbhutta. I've had my MO for about 5 months now, and it seems like it's a MAGNET for door bonks. On the passenger side I have 5 very lovely marks from doors getting opened into my MO -- and on the driver side there's a door mark, and a lovely little scratch pattern like someone was carrying something and dropped it on the MO. On the rear bumper there are two deep scratches and a mark like someone backed into my MO while it was parked.

I've never had this much damage on my other vehicles... it's truly a curious phenomenon. Maybe it's because none of my other vehicles would scratch by simply breathing on them like the MO will. Oh yeah, and just to put icing on the cake, I'm noticing the now infamous scratches behind the door handles that others have mentioned. What did Nissan use for paint on this thing, a single coat and no protectant? I can't believe how fragile the paint is.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
bob1 said:
You have a problem in Saskatoon? Holy crap, I have a vision of 6 cars on the road and a few moose. Can't imagine there are so many cars up there they have to squeeze in and bang doors! I need a road trip to check that place out. I don't picture it looking like downtown Manhattan or anything. :eek:
Bob1 [/B]
oh yea Bob, we have lots of cars here even the gas is at 94.9c/L its not affecting anyone i guess. this saturday, one of our main streets was JAM PACKED with cars..... had to wait 1.5 hrs for the carwash.
it was lovely though.

·
4,664 Posts
I had someone with a white car bump me about a year and a half ago. I was so :3: and I had fun extracting the white paint out of the copper.

As I was doing this, my brother in law said, that's why I leave the hitch ball in. He doesn't have a trailer. Neither do I. But we both use it for a bike rack when we go mountain biking.

So I've left it in, since, and not one bump in the back. Guess they don't want the hitch to puncture their car....

Now, I'm not going to mount hitches all the way around, but it makes you wonder....

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jaak said:

So I've left it in, since, and not one bump in the back. Guess they don't want the hitch to puncture their car....

Now, I'm not going to mount hitches all the way around, but it makes you wonder....
I have rear and front bumper protectors, unfortunate they can not protect your car from the morons with the sharp objects.:(

·
4,664 Posts
I think your first description is pretty accurate, except I find that part of the anatomy is useful, unlike the individual that keyed your Murano.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more thing I forgot to mention in my original post. I have a very sensitive alarm system. Even it you open the folded mirror; it gives 4 short warning signals. If you keep shaking/moving/bumping etc. car alarm will go to the full blast. When I press the button on the key fob to lock my car it gives 1 short beep, when I open it its 2 short beeps, but if the alarm was triggered I am getting 4 short beeps when opening my Mo. That what I got while walking to my Mo that morning, 4 short beeps. By that time I knew something is not right. Well, may be somebody was trying to steal my wheel caps or something, but got angry and just damage whatever he/she could not take.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Murano_driver, I also feel your pain. My Murano was keyed in NYC when it was still new. I just washed it and parked it on a block where I had parked my previous Nissan many times without problem. New Murano, different story. Deep scratches all over the side door and hood. I had to have those areas repainted.

I later figured out it was due to some drug dealers who worked on the block and didn't want this shiny new vehicle parked next to theirs. At that time, there were few Muranos out there and some people would literally stop in their tracks to take a closer look.

The day of the incident, before it it was keyed, one of them approached me and asked me all sorts of questions about how I like my Murano. And he talked about how his brother had just gotten a new car too, but it certainly wasn't as nice as mine.

I wasn't sure about my suspicions until I saw one of them weeks later "pretend" kick my Murano while laughing to a friend across the street. I actually confronted him about the "kick" right there but he hurried away. Suffice it to say, I don't park there any more.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am thinking of applying a high-voltage current to the body of my MO... If the key reaches the metal, the @$$hole with a key is notified that he scratched too deep.

Too bad it's not possible due to grounding...

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for the support. I am sorry to hear about your problems with the scratches and dents on the Mo. But I guess nothing we can do; there is no solution for boneheads (yeh yeh I know what you think; AK 47 will be a good solution :11: , but unfortunately its illegal in most states). Anyway, I am still looking for the way to fix those without spending a lot of $$$. I have touch up paint (in the bottle), touch up pen (1 side is color and another one is clear coat) and the scratch remover from the AutoZone. Which one I try first?:confused:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I first tried a touch up pen and scratch remover, but in my case nothing worked. Luckily, my insurance covered the cost of having it professionally repainted, minus my deductible, that is. I figured my Murano was so new, it was worth the price to get it back looking that way.

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I remember correctly my deductible is $200. Estimated repair cost is $700. Yes I think I can do this, but I afraid those scratches are not last. I do not want to go to the insurance company for every small thing. Plus I can afford my insurance price to rise after the claim. I am already at $2800 a year. I want to try to repaired myself. If I fail, I can always go to insurance company.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts