Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get 4 oem tire pressure monitors. the dealer wants 150 CDN each which is insane!! any help would be most aprreciated. thanks in advance

·
Registered
842 Posts
Wouldn't be cheaper to buy a good hand held digital tire pressure gauge?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove-

IMHO the tire pressure system is nothing more than a gimmick. And an expensive one at that.

Other than the dealer, I have no clue where you can buy additional sensors.

What happened to your OEM sensors? If they are on your "summer" tires, I suggest saving $600 and swapping them to your winter tires.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Personally I wouldn't pay for the tire pressure monitor even if they charged $100 for it, total. I'm with the posts above - just get a tire pressure guage (I actually prefer a big analog one, since all the expensive digital ones I've had have been wildly inconsistent), or maybe even those color changing valve caps that are set to 35psi.

Can you tell I'm not too happy Nissan forces us to buy TPMS with VDC? :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohh you guys haha. i have the tpms on the stock wheels(now winter wheels and i wanted to get the sensors for the black chrome summer wheels since i'm getting tires for them in early april. i just don't want the tpms to keep beeping everytime i get into the car(if that's what it does when it can't get a signal) but the black chrome wheels can with chrome valve stems so i guess that's what i'm going to use. thanks for your help guys.

ohh by the way, the tires i'm putting on for the summer are brand new just hitting the market bridgestone dueler hp sport(295 cdn per tire)(replacing the regular dueler hp's) in 265/60/18. they are said to be really super but i have the 30 day trial so if i'm not satisfied i'll go with the less expensive toyo proxy's(265 cdn per tire) you can check out a pic of them on the bridgestone website.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got back from my local nissan dealership and had a look at the '06 rear aluminium bumper protector. it's 65 CDN and it does require cutting holes into the bumper skin to affix BUT... i figure you could just grind down the plastic clips and affix it using lots of 3M tape (plenty of room to get it good and secure) so i'm thinking of getting one in the near future and doing the mod. i'll be sure to post step by step pics and instructions of how i did it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
njjoe said:
tire pressure system is nothing more than a gimmick. And an expensive one at that.
I disagree. I have aftermarket TPMS and it has already come in handy when a nail got me and the tire started to lose pressure.

Granted, even if I did not have the monitor I would have eventually "felt" the low pressure by noticing how the car pulled to one side, or its "un-stability" while braking but that comes from experience. Others may just drive on a bad tire until it falls apart, endangering their lives and property, or those of others.

Having said that, I do own and carry a manual tire pressure gauge and routinly check all the tures to make sure what the guage says and what the TPMS shows match....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts