Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys/Gals,

Today I go to pick up a 04 Mo with 26k miles on it. Its an SL with Nav and the whole 9. I have a couple of what I hope are quick questions.

What are some things that you as owners would suggest I take a look at prior to signing on the bottom line for the car?

I am aware - thanks to this board, of a recall on alternators that likely applies to this car, and also will check the seats for clicking/popping noises when i get back to the dealer today.

From what I can tell, the Mo was taken care of fairly well by its previous owners. Theres a few minor scratches on the ext and some scuffs on the plastic molding on the doors where shoes tend to hit on entry/exit - to be expected I'm sure.

Engine sounded smooth, no wierd noises at idle or under load. I took it for a spirited test drive for about 20 minutes and could deduce no problems with steering. It didn't feel like I had a lot of power though - especially from a stop. When I go in today, I want to compare to a 05 SL...

1 more question - when is the next big (Not just an oil/filter change) service interval for the Murano - 30k or 45?. I want to try and get the dealer to throw that in with the sell of the car.

FWIW - We've got them down to 26,500 on the price. I don't think we can get it any lower but believe me, I'll try - or at least try to get that next large service taken care of!

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
"Engine sounded smooth, no wierd noises at idle or under load. I took it for a spirited test drive for about 20 minutes and could deduce no problems with steering. It didn't feel like I had a lot of power though - especially from a stop. When I go in today, I want to compare to a 05 SL..."

" We've got them down to 26,500 on the price."

1. This car is not a rocket on takeoff. It may have regular gas in it, or you just are not used tto the MO/CVT level of performance.

2. IMHO The price still sounds a little high. You should at least get an extended warranty (and the service) if youy are going to pay that much. I haven't checked, but how does the price compare with Edmunds?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply -

After driving the car today...already 156 miles - I find the acceleration to be decent - especially shifted to "S" mode on the gear lever.

As for the price, I havent been able to find anyone who will come close to matching or beating the price I got - not to say its not possible..but I've been trying, believe me. What do you think is a *greaT* price to pay for a similar Mo? Nav, HID, VDC, AWD, - I believe it has every option aside from the Rear Entertainment DVD and Towing pkg.

At anyrate, I love this car. Its so smooth, and cool to drive... I'm one happy Mo Owner!

-CalifLove

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I don't think any of us here have paid the same prices for our MOs. As long the price is decent, then you have done well.

Based on your info: SL AWD, everything except Tow and DVD, your price seems to be right around a "private Party" sale price which is not bad. So enjoy your MO and have fun with it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
To get a private party from the dealer is a pretty good deal, I think. Yeah the CVT feels sluggish from the start but it picks up once it locks into the meaty part of the torque band.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts