Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the first leg of an 8000 mile around the country trip.
First leg - Portland, OR - Houston, TX

(figures from the Magellan Roadmate trip computer -comparison to the MO computer showed it to be about 3% low)
2300 miles
32.45 hours
AVERAGE speed 71 mph
Gas mileage 22.07 (regular unleaded)

As you can figure from the average speed, there was a lot of high speed driving (never more than 7 over the limit) 65 in Oregon, 75 in Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Colorado, 70 in New Mexico and Texas. Also, most of it was at considerable altitude.
I didn't use a drop of oil. Oil is Amsoil 0W30, has about 7500 miles on it now.
I didn't notice any problems, except that passing acceleration was sluggish, particularly over 5000 ft. Could be due to the altitude and/or regular gas.

Magellan Roadmate 700 NAV performed flawlessly, except for being a little off on directions in Houston. (Of course, I knew where I was going!). I highly recommend it to those of you who don't have factory NAV.

Tires still the original GY, about 22000 miles. No unusual wear at all, still plenty of tread left. I will consider Toyo Proxes ST, 260/55-18 when I get home.

Can't think of anything else remarkable. I will report the performance after the next three legs - Houston - Vienna, VA, Vienna to NJ, and NJ back to Portland.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Great post
I am planning a road trip from Calgary to Victoria on the May 20th long weekend, I will be doing some testing for Fuel economy and the likeat different speeds. Maybe some of the other folks this summer will do the same and pictures to see, maybe an annual event

1 - 2 of 2 Posts