Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something strange happened last week. I got in my new 06 MO and put it in R- shift to back up. The car wouldn't budge an inch. I checked to see if any obstacles was holding it back. It seeemed everthing was clear and there were no obstacles in the way of it. So I decided to step on the gas a bit and suddenly there was a snapping sound somewhere at the back underneath. I got out again and double checked...nope nothing at all. After that there was no touble at all driving it. Everything seemed ok to me. Before I take it for the first service and report it, I was wandering if any of you had such experience or any insight to this. :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I saw another member complain about this too. It sounds like the rear brake pads (or the emergency shoes inside the wheels) had locked the wheels from turning. Brake locks usually occur as the result of presence of oil or rust . I would not worry about it but probably have the dealer clean them on your next visit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
zzachariah said:
Something strange happened last week. I got in my new 06 MO and put it in R- shift to back up. The car wouldn't budge an inch. I checked to see if any obstacles was holding it back. It seeemed everthing was clear and there were no obstacles in the way of it. So I decided to step on the gas a bit and suddenly there was a snapping sound somewhere at the back underneath. I got out again and double checked...nope nothing at all. After that there was no touble at all driving it. Everything seemed ok to me. Before I take it for the first service and report it, I was wandering if any of you had such experience or any insight to this. :confused:
I wrote about the exact same problem on my 2005 SE. It only has happened once and everything seems fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes.. I did see a couple of similar problems after I posted. Certainly its a consolation to know that I am not alone in this. I do suspect it has to do with the foot brake not releasing fully. I will have the dealers check it out in my next visit and it would be interesting to see what they think about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
This can happen after a car has been washed and not moved right away... (Brakes)

·
Registered
31 Posts
that same thing happened to my '03 SL..
i did the same thing too.. got outa my car.. looked under the car and everything.. then tried again.. nothing.. and then i floored it.. once it got past 4 or 5 rpms.. it made a loud noise and it jerked backwards.. i went to nissan couple days later.. and they said they didnt know wat was wrong..

that never happened again...

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Yeah sounds like a sticky parking brake.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I never need to gas it but if it sits a while the rotors get rusty and it does "pop" when I go forward. When I apply the brakes I can hear the pad scrapping the rust off. After a few yards of braking its fine.

Next time look at the rotors see if they are all rusted up.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Thats how you are "brake-in" new car :D
Oh "stop" it, ur killing me! :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts