Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a quarter stuck behind a first compartment (smaller square one) that only allowed it to open ~ 1.5" ( I have a SonyEricsson T616 phone which fits great into that compartment ).

I played with the lid and the other compartment, pushed, pulled and dislodged the coin, but after I pushed everything back into place, the lid will not open on its own. When I push on it it clicks out of the "locked" position, but it is not pulled up, like the other, longer compartment is.

Is there a spring of some sort behind the cover? What makes that compartment go up? Could somebody suggest a fix for that?

Thanks.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, there's a little spring at one end that has to hook into a hole to push the cover up. It's a bit of pain to get it lined up, but assuming you didn't lose it, you should be able to get it in place.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Is it possible you have another coin (like a dime) jammed in there? I use the trays in opposite order: the one closer to the front I use for coins (its deeper) and the one closer to the rear I use for my phone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same lost-coin problem. I couldn't get it out so I asked the dealer to give it a shot while I had it in for other service. They ended up breaking it and they ended up replacing the whole assembly. Since then, I don't keep change in there :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts