Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some free time so I dismanted all my doors and replaced my front speakers too...

Removing the Front Door panels require a little Diy experience as there is a second metal sheet that holds the Window Motor and Window Hinge.

I've attached some pics of the Mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pics:

Bose Speakers

Changed tp PHD Speakers and Outer Doorpane replaced.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hmmm. Now that is strange. I can see the photo in the first posting, but can not see the three photos in the second posting.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
I can see:
1st post - one (1) photos
2nd post - three (3) photos

·
Registered
828 Posts
I only see the first post's picture. If I try the links I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /150/3/35/28/536533528AvVXYq_ph.jpg on this server.

Seems to be a permission issue.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
MuranoXpress-

Forgetting about the photos for now....

How much better does it sound? Did you notice a significant difference due to the dampening material?

Thanx in advance

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I cannot see the three images in the second post either. Tried it using IE and Firefox on PC, and Safari and Firefox on Mac, no dice.

·
5,244 Posts
Hm, interesting...no problems here.....IE6........with Symantec security suit and Spyroot enabled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
njjoe said:
MuranoXpress-

Forgetting about the photos for now....

How much better does it sound? Did you notice a significant difference due to the dampening material?

Thanx in advance

-njjoe
To start ... the MO is pretty quite but adding some additional dampening materian ( Dynamat , Accumat etc ) will make the MO really quiet... In Singapore our roads are pretty congested and there's almost either a Motorbike or another vechile next to U at any given time...

When i collected the MO the Noise Level was already pretty low ( maybe due to the fact that the front doors has an additional metal sheet which acts as a dampener but after doing the additional dampening I can't seem to hear even cars that pass me on the highway... ( scary... ) Wats more is due to the Dampening ... the Speakers on the door panel sound so much better...

IMO if u have the time to DIY this is a good mod to do...

I have Currently done the 4 Doors, front Wheel arches and the entire rear from the Quarter Panels down to the Rear Wheel Arch ( The Arches do need Dampening as it is bare metal and lots of Tire / road noise is comming from down there have also done the Tire Well and the Bose Sub seems somewhat tighter...

In order to cancel the Front Tyre Noise I removed the ABS Cover and added dampener material to the side walls of the Bonnet and Sprayed 3M high Density Rubberised Sound Dampener to the inner Wheel Arch.

All I can say is my MO is Very Quiet and well dampened , but it did require many Hours od labour... I would not hesitate on doing it all over again.

I will Post Pics of the Tire Well If anyone need help on dismanteling the rear end of the MO just drop me an IM...

It's actually very easy ... Like someone mentioned the Mo is pretty much like Lego all Snap On...

Next Project Roof Dampening... because when it rains ... it sounds like a Zinc Roof...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
MuranoXpress said:
...I will Post Pics of the Tire Well If anyone need help on dismanteling the rear end of the MO just drop me an IM...
As tires wear road noise increases tremendously. This would be a good solution so please post pictures.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MuranoXpress,

Did you do sound dampening on engine compartment? Our S'pore 4 cyl. Mo engine sound rough and loud during accelerating. Am planning to install sound dampening on firewall/bonnet. Ordered accumat absorber from OK, US.

Cheers..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sgpmo said:
MuranoXpress,

Did you do sound dampening on engine compartment? Our S'pore 4 cyl. Mo engine sound rough and loud during accelerating. Am planning to install sound dampening on firewall/bonnet. Ordered accumat absorber from OK, US.

Cheers..
Hmmm not really loud on Mine but I was driving a Wish previously So maybe my tolerence for noise might be higher ... I have material which is better than Accumat... My experience with Accumat is that it dries up and cracks... the SP Mat I am using is like Dynamat only slightly thicker @ 2mm and made In Korea which makes the Mat for several American Brands.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts