Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had seen a picture of a current generation Murano, on the assembly line, and it does have a massive one piece sound mat that runs from just under the windshield, down into the pedal area across the entire front firewall. That said, while I do think the Murano is fairly quit I'm sure anyone could take it to the next level with additional sound matting. Good luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, if I get into my wife’s Mo right from my ML and drive I always looking if any window ajar, there no soundproofing in this car, when Im using BT headset people complaining about noise level, newer when Im in ML.
But its all subjective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you talking about the Murano? One of the quietest cars I've driven and I can safely say that I've driven well over 500 cars, from an old Willies jeeps to Ferrari's and just about everything in between.

I'd have to rate the sound quality of Murano about the same as a 90's limo. Going 72 MPH down the highway, my wife usually has to ask if I'm driving or sitting when using the Bluetooth.

I'd be checking door and window seals if you're experiencing that much road noise. It just doesn't seem right.

Have a good day.
Are you talking about the Murano? One of the quietest cars I've driven and I can safely say that I've driven well over 500 cars, from an old Willies jeeps to Ferrari's and just about everything in between.

I'd have to rate the sound quality of Murano about the same as a 90's limo. Going 72 MPH down the highway, my wife usually has to ask if I'm driving or sitting when using the Bluetooth.

I'd be checking door and window seals if you're experiencing that much road noise. It just doesn't seem right.

Have a good day.
There are huge gains to be made in sound deadening for both outside noise and for sound system quality by doing sound treatment on a Murano.

Have a good day.
Huge gains to be made in sound treatment of a Murano. Both in cutting ambient noise and sound quality of the speakers. Butyl backed aluminum resonance isolation and closed cell foam do incredible things. Treating my Ram 1500 work truck made it more quiet than my wife's Infiniti. It takes a lot of time to do it right but we'll worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great advise. I was kind of thinking that might be the case. I might just stick to the doors. I mainly want to get rid of the road noise (tires, cars passing) and dampen some of the rattling.
Kilmat, noico 50, or 80mil and now even Amazon basics butyl deadening mats are pretty great. And noico makes an adhesive backed foam in a couple different thickness options to make things even better. Noico red foam over butyl backed aluminum takes a lot of time. But not a ton of money. And the results are really nice. My ram work truck is as quiet as a luxury car now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
The NoiCo stuff works reasonably well, and isn't expensive.

However, doing the inside of my 280ZX was a two-day project without pulling all the trim off the rear shock mounts. It takes time to remove (and reinstall) seats, carpet and trim from the interior of any vehicle.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I did the Noico mats in all 4 doors and the entire hatch area, including the spare tires area. To be honest, its not a night and day difference. Maybe a bit better... I dont know...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the Noico mats in all 4 doors and the entire hatch area, including the spare tires area. To be honest, its not a night and day difference. Maybe a bit better... I dont know...
Noico butyl is resonance/vibration reduction. Noico red closed cell foam is the sound deadening material. Combo of both is what I did. Roof, floors doors everything. Once the car is pulled apart might as well do it right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guys - I work in a high-end car audio shop and use this stuff literally every day. If you are going to do this, spend the few extra dollars it takes and get something like Stinger Roadkill Ultimate for your doors and Expert for the other areas. Just had a customer bring us a box of Killmat for his Accord and we could not believe how thin and cheap it was in comparison. There are other products that are as good or even better than the Roadkill, but Killmat is definitely not one of them. Just my $.02

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is 50mil and 80mil kilmat. And there is 150 and 350mil noico red. Having the flexibility to use only resonance reduction kilmat in some areas, but also layer thicker kilmat plus closed cell foam noico as a sound deadener in others is really nice to have. All in one might be better time wise for an installer. But if I am doing it myself I will take the flexibility and custom-ability of a variety of products to fit each situation. Can't just decide by which one is thicker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We combine products for different needs as well - saving time is not a priority in a quality shop. Using quality products is. I stand by my statements completely. Killmat is still garbage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
But you really don't know. Your comment was a guy with the an accord brought a box and you couldn't believe how thin it was. That's not experience enough for me. Now you say it's garbage? You don't know. Otherwise you would have a better example than a guy brought a box and we looked at it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use these products literally every single day. It is my job. I've used many, many different brands over the years. You go ahead and think whatever you like, man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at sheets of 50mil aluminum faced butyl can't tell you if it stops resonance no matter what your job is. And if you had more experience with the actual product your go to example wouldn't have been I saw a box of it once. Tell people why it's garbage. Why it won't do the job it's designed to do. There may be more complex products capable of doing multiple things better. But if you come here and say your an expert give and expert description. "I was surprised how thin it is." Doesn't matter. Why is thin bad? What is "a few extra dollars"? What makes the product you suggested better and how? Teach those of us who have normal jobs the ways of the installer.

·
Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
A productive discussion is welcome. I'm curious to learn more about the uses for these products.
Decorum will be preserved as well, gentlemen.

Reactions: dusman59
21 - 34 of 34 Posts