Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may sound stupid, cuz I don't really know about the system.

I have been reading posts and ppl's talking,
and still don't get an idea.

What i wanna do is..

just change the speakers front and back,
get two amps, one for da speakers, and the other for woofer.

with factory HU.

is this possible?

I have few questions.

what brand of speakers, amp, and sub woofer would make
a decent sound with reasonable price?
(also model name and number, cuz i don't know anything, and i don't want to go to the local shop without knowing anything.. u know)

the speaker sizes for all of murano (front and back, maybe tweeters?)

lastly, where do u locate ur woofer?
i don't want to put that in the trunk.. any possible positions?

thanks for helping and reading this..

you guys were great to me already..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Audio

You can go with any good component system. A woofer and a tweeter and a crossover.That is what is in a component system. The Bose system has 6.5 in the front and rear and tweeters on the dash..The non Bose has 6x9 front and 6.5 in the rear doors. I installed my amps under the reat hatch area 2 of them.one 4 ch and 1 mono.The mono one runs my 10 inch custom box in the tire well. The steel wheel is my mold.It sounds great. I ran 4 gage wire to the back for power and split that to 8 guage to the 2 amps. I used all pioneer speakers Amid fiber components.Look on the pioneer website.

Good Luck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow.. that sounds great!

are you be able to show me the picture of your sub?
i really wanna see them!

thanks again for the great help!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing a photo of the sub too, if it isn't too much trouble. I'm hoping to do the same sort of thing this summer, and I'm still looking for ideas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I will take some soon

jason1234 said:
I'd be interested in seeing a photo of the sub too, if it isn't too much trouble. I'm hoping to do the same sort of thing this summer, and I'm still looking for ideas.

Thanks!
I never uploaded pic how do you do it??
on this site

:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you probably need to find some place to upload the pic and link from it.

yahoo or cardomain or something.. i donno..

·
Registered
758 Posts
larry1960

you can upload directly from your computer by using the attach file at the bottom of the text window, so long as you have it on your computer:

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I haven't been able to find any examples of custom spare tire subs, though. I guess I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

·
4,664 Posts
The spare tire in the Canadian Murano is a full size one. The US Murano has a smaller tire. I love how Generator stuck the amps in with the spare, but they'd never fit in a Canadian model, without changing the spare.

So a custom spare tire sub might be a little tougher to find, as well. If you feel ambitious, you could always build one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well if you don't have room in your spare tire well and are looking for a place to stick your subs look at my picture in the gallery and you can get an idea where you can put them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the photos. Your setup looks great. My only problem is that my dogs would quickly chew holes through the subs :) They get thrown in the back of my Mo daily.

I'm thinking that I'll have to take out one of the storage compartments and rig something up that way. I'm still about a month from doing anything yet ... just looking for ideas right now.

Thanks!

·
4,664 Posts
I wonder if they'd fit under the back seat...

Or where the OEM amp is, plus the other side..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jaak, if that's possible, that will be great!
i, sure, will do that setup..

i don't want to take any spaces in the trunk since, i carry
lots of stuff.. (my parents does)

do i need to upgrade the alternator to run the new sound setup?
like 2, 3 amps, woofers, and dvd probably?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts