Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone considered spacers? Found 15mm spacers on amazon, good reviews, good price, rims are stock 18 inch, 50 ET, which takes to final ET 35...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone considered spacers? Found 15mm spacers on amazon, good reviews, good price, rims are stock 18 inch, 50 ET, which takes to final ET 35...
I know me personally, I would not buy something like Spacers off Amazon. I want to go through a specific company and I personally have experience with B2designs (B2 Auto Designs). I had the 20mm spacers on my 2005 Infiniti FX and loved them. They were hubcentric and fit wonderfully. I know when I was thinking of doing spacers on the Murano, I was going to go with 25mm (front) and 30mm (rear), I am not sure you will get the look you are wanting with 15mm. Again just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a set H&R on my FX35 and two sets of Amazons on Murano and Subaru Crosstrek. All are doing great with no vibration or any loose bolts/nuts/stripped studs. Here is the thing, I only have them for about a month now so this is definitely not a long term report; however, no issues on all the vehicles (I do mostly highway at 80+/- MPH).

If do you get them, make sure you torque them right (set them up => drive 100 miles => re-torque them again then done). I currently have 20mmF/25mmR. It is just a bit "cave in". I got a feeling that it can go 25mmF/30mmR to get that flush look. All and all, definitely looks ten times better for sure. As far as handling, I do not notice any difference on all the vehicles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK, So I bit the bullet and went ahead bought another pair of 30mm on Amazon just to try. And BAM!!! 30mm Rear fits perfectly, so I swapped the 25mm to the front. DONE. But now the 30mm leaves the factory studs to be too short so I just ordered a set of extended studs from ARP. Will post the picture soon I got it done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK, So I bit the bullet and went ahead bought another pair of 30mm on Amazon just to try. And BAM!!! 30mm Rear fits perfectly, so I swapped the 25mm to the front. DONE. But now the 30mm leaves the factory studs to be too short so I just ordered a set of extended studs from ARP. Will post the picture soon I got it done.
keep us posted.. and post pics..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Alright, here we go. Due to the Hurricane Harvey, a friend came to our house for shleter who also owns a Murano ( the red one) so here is the with and without.
White Driver side : 25F/30R
White Passenger side : 20F/25R
Red Driver side : stock

Hope these help, y'all.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
The look of the 25-F and 30-R looks great man, props!!

How did you manage with the hurricane? I live in Clear Lake down my NASA. Water came 3 inches from flooding my home but the receded. My sister lives on Clear Creek and did not fare well, lost everything. Hope you didn't have too much on your end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The look of the 25-F and 30-R looks great man, props!!

How did you manage with the hurricane? I live in Clear Lake down my NASA. Water came 3 inches from flooding my home but the receded. My sister lives on Clear Creek and did not fare well, lost everything. Hope you didn't have too much on your end.
Oh, wow! boss, I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you guys quick recovery with every loss, man. Let me know if there is anything I could help.
We are ok at west side of Pearland. The area was a bit flooded but our house is ok. Feeling very sorry for others that are affected.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, here we go. Due to the Hurricane Harvey, a friend came to our house for shleter who also owns a Murano ( the red one) so here is the with and without.
White Driver side : 25F/30R
White Passenger side : 20F/25R
Red Driver side : stock

Hope these help, y'all.
So after couple months, how are they holding? Still good? I'm thinking about getting 25/30. any rubbing?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I kind of like the look, but I'm worried that the tire or fender could get ripped up if the suspension bottoms out.

Does anyone know the travel of the suspension under load in the rear end? The seems to be a bigger issue in the back then in the front.

Are the holes on the spacer just big enough for the studs or are the holes in the spacer elongated or larger then the studs?

Have a good day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can you post the link for the 30mm spacers and the extended bolt. Lol complete noob here. I wanna do 30mm all around. Any thoughts?
Hey, here the link to the 30mm spacers
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Z6YQUE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I suppose you could go 30mm all around but the front might be sticking out too much based on the 25mm that I have.

I forgot where I got the extended bolts from lol. Check Amazon.

The spacers were set up in 9/2017. Did an oil change and tire rotation at 12/2017. All is well so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I kind of like the look, but I'm worried that the tire or fender could get ripped up if the suspension bottoms out.

Does anyone know the travel of the suspension under load in the rear end? The seems to be a bigger issue in the back then in the front.

Are the holes on the spacer just big enough for the studs or are the holes in the spacer elongated or larger then the studs?

So far, I have had 4 adults, and 1 infant with all his gears (stroller, baby seat etc.) Highway & local, no rubbing issues.

I am not sure how to answer your last question lol But the setup requires no cutting or anything major. :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
So far, I have had 4 adults, and 1 infant with all his gears (stroller, baby seat etc.) Highway & local, no rubbing issues.

I am not sure how to answer your last question lol But the setup requires no cutting or anything major. :)
I think he's asking how well the stock studs fit in the spacer holes, as in slack or so tight the stud threads rub. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like the only valid questions related to the verbiage he used.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think he's asking how well the stock studs fit in the spacer holes, as in slack or so tight the stud threads rub. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems like the only valid questions related to the verbiage he used.
Oh I see. Thanks for elaborating.
Um so the stock studs are tab bit short for the bolts provided by the spacers. But not so much.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm asking from an engineering view. The tighter to the stud, the less possibility of a torque issue under heavy acceleration and braking.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm asking from an engineering view. The tighter to the stud, the less possibility of a torque issue under heavy acceleration and braking.

Have a good day.

That’s what I figured. Something about aluminum spacers just rubs me the wrong way. Correctly engineered, cast, machined, and finished? Sure. But where are these from? Call me old fashioned, but I don’t trust eBay kinda stuff when it comes to connecting my car’s wheels to the road.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts