Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I change my spark plugs and valve I broke the ends off some hoses and need to replace them as they are worn and brittle. Anyone know the diameter size of the VIAS and Vacuum canister hoses. The three smaller hoses in front of the manifold. Amazon has lengths vacuum hoses, but just list them in their mm diameter size. I was going to buy and cut to length. Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here, but my 2005 Murano has 135,000 and needs plugs. I got quotes from the dealer, firestone, and local shop and they were $375, $425, and $450 respectively. Needless to say I’m going to do it myself at those prices. Parts will run about $85 on amazon.

I also need new valve cover gaskets (the Nissan manual calls them rocker cover gaskets). Since I’m already removing most of the components for plugs I figured I’d go ahead and replace the gaskets.

I watched a video on youtube and looked at the service manual and it doesn’t look too challenging. Has anyone attempted the valve cover gasket replacement and had any issues?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered OEM struts from Direct OE Connection and paid $127.65 for each strut. The dealer wanted $250 for the same part. The total dealer quote was $800 for the replacement of the front struts. I also replaced the rubber boots and strut bearings. The upper mount of the strut has 3 bolts that are NOT equally spaced from the center, this took me about 10 minutes to figure out.

After I replaced the struts I took my MO over to firestone to get an alignment which was $70.

The ride was horrible before with the front end bouncing up and down over some hwy irregularities. Now its like new, cornering is much improved, no more bounce - bounce- bounce.

BTW I'm getting pretty fed up with mechanics asking me "How do you know you need ____ replaced/fixed/serviced?".

I had to ask 5 times for a qoute to get the struts replaced because the service guy kept saying "but your struts may not need to be replaced, I don't want to give you a price for something that might not need to be replaced.".

When I called a tire center to inquire about an alignment, I was told they don't have the equiptment to do that and then questioned: "How do you know you need an alignment?", I almost quipped: "Well, how do you know when you need to take a dump?" A: "you can feel it right?" But instead I said "trust me, I know".

- WG
This whole article was very helpful. Thank you.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts