Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
elerico-

The MO uses NGK plugs. The part number is PLFR5A-11.

The plugs are platinum-tipped and should be good for 105,000 miles.

Iridium plugs differ from the OEMs in that the center electrode is made from iridium instead of platinum. Due to the unique properties of the iridium, the center electrode can be made smaller (0.7mm vs 1.1mm diameter). The use of the more-expensive iridium plugs would not harm the VQ, however there is no advantage to using them in the MO.

-njjoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
elerico-

The MO uses NGK plugs. The part number is PLFR5A-11.

The plugs are platinum-tipped and should be good for 105,000 miles.

Iridium plugs differ from the OEMs in that the center electrode is made from iridium instead of platinum. Due to the unique properties of the iridium, the center electrode can be made smaller (0.7mm vs 1.1mm diameter). The use of the more-expensive iridium plugs would not harm the VQ, however there is no advantage to using them in the MO.

-njjoe
Where I can find them

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Where I can find them
Most parts manufacturers have part finder applications on their website and I always confirm the part number there after sourcing an aftermarket part on other websites like RockAuto, Amazon etc. Amazon in particular is notorious for listing the wrong parts for cars. Thus, if you want NGK plugs, I suggest looking for the part on the NGK website. You're far more likely to find the correct part: https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/part-finder

BTW, this thread is 14 years old and none of those posters have been on these forums for years so don't expect a response from them. They're obviously talking about the 1st generation Murano and you have a 2nd generation Murano. FWIW, the spark plugs I pulled out of my engine were Denso long-life iridiums.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Negative I don’t deal with dealers they will rip you off. Anyways I got them same thing no change still have my concious clean since I have oem spark plugs
Some do and some don't Can't paint all with the same brush. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Especially parts. I personally wouldn't try to "save" on spark plugs that you use tor 100 K miles.

·
Administrator
9,283 Posts
It was not showing up with that part number where I buy my stuff but thanks anyways
No online ordering? "Where I buy my stuff....?"

I have at least three local suppliers, plus a number of mail order/online parts sources. If I need a dealer part I'll usually order it online at a discount. I may have set foot in a dealership twice in the last five years.

But suit yourself; you're just making life a bit more challenging.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts