Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What way are you using to keep the fabric on the speaker grills free of what ever type of protectant you use on your dash?

I was using a foam handled paint applicator to apply my dash protectant and a small bit dripped on the grill. It caused a small dark spot.
I spent the next 45 minds getting it out.
jeez

:4:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got about 98% of the stain out.
Try one of the following.

1-Gonzo- stain remover
2-Folix- great for removing water stains on light colored fabric
3-Meguaires "extra" great for all stains

All of the listed products are safe on light colored fabric.

I saw the stain you have on that grill.

I say go with the Meguires first. per bottle directions.
I had the best luck with Meguires on this stain.

But, you may have to bring out the big gun. GONZO, it cleans all stains. E.G. I was at work one day and had just finished eating cheese bread. Well during the course of my feast I must have put may hand on my pant leg. Because I saw a set of greasy finger prints on my pants....
Took the gonzo to it and wham all gone.
Let me know
Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opps its Folex

Try Folex.net
or Gonzocorp.com

Hope it helps:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey heres a hiny, dont put that synthetic **** on your dash, wipe it down with water and if necessary a little interior cleaner with warm water. The armor all crap and all of those products are trash. the dash wasnt all shiny and gross looking when you bought the truck so why would you want it to look like it took a bath in grease?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I don't know about all of them....but I do agree with you on anything that stays wet and I am anti-armor all.
In another thread I mentioned that I use toyota leather and vinyl treatment....it goes on wet to clean, but soaks into the dash/leather/door panels immediately. Have done it on all of my vehicles for 15 years with no ill effects at all, with the same can. It lasts more than a year. It doesn't impart an oily shine like most others do, but it does make cleaning the dash with a DRY cloth easy. You can't feel it or smell it, it is like a conditioner for leather/plastic/vinyl that goes into it.
To keep from getting it on the grills I used a piece of plastic, a Blaze tag from the olympics, sort of like you would use a shield around trim when painting. I never spray it on, I use a cloth with some on it.
Being that my dash is black, I'm afraid wiping dust around with a damp cloth would be quite noticeable, and, shove the dirt into the grain.
;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, ARMOUR ALL is baad news. The stuff I use does not leave an oily residue. I use eagle 1 vinyl protector. It also does not make it glossy/shiny. It does make it look better then it did from the dealer.
Its a preference I guess. I mean I use a Sun protectant when I go outside. So why would you not use somthing on areas of your vehicle that take the Suns abuse?

I offer a test. Go pick up a bottle of the Eagle 1 product. use it in a small area. Then compare the difference.
But you do have to be careful what you use on it.

Jim
:1:

·
Registered
717 Posts
303 Aerospace protectant is another one that will provide the protection from the UV rays, without adding any shine or oily residue. Just a nice, flat finish like the vehicle was delivered with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering about that product. How long have you been using it?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've been through several (4-5) spray bottles of the stuff, probably about 3 years. It's kind of pricey, but it looks really nice (it's hard to tell there's anything there) and the big benefit, I swear the stuff repels dust. It just never seems to be dirty.

One warning however, once you use it you will not be able to go back and use the other brand, armorall. The armorall just looks way to wet and slick and frankly disgusting once you've tried the 303.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well I figured out a new way to clean the speaker grill. My girlfriend had placed an ice cream sunday on the dash just before I made a U-Turn. Needless to say there was ice cream, fudge, nuts and goo all over the dash and speaker grill. I took it off washed it in the kitchen sink with hot water and dishwashing soap. Let it dry overnight and in the morning it was good as new. It didn't seem to damage the fabric and it defanitely didn't fade. So if you're still having a hard time getting out those stains, you might want to try the sink...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Zebelkhan provided very nice instructions over in the Tweeter thread.

Kocioblue MO said:
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you take the speaker grill off?
Konrad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts