Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, very weird issue...So i was rocking out to a Hendrix CD driving to work, and suddenly my drivers side speakers go out..I turn the balance all the way over to the left, and its nothing but a quiet humming sound...so i turn to the radio and suddenly its working fine...So I go back to the Cd, and the speaker goes out...I change CDs and it works fine for a few minutes, then cuts out again...What gives??

·
Registered
35 Posts
If this is something that is now a regular thing, you probably need to bring it in to the dealer. It sounds like something more serious than a dirty cd lens (which, by the way, would have to be extraordinarily dirty in order to cause anything but a very small problem) Let us know what happens...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this happen to me last year and it turned out to be a faulty CD unit. I brought it to the Dealer and they happened to have a replacement CD player, so they replaced it the same day, and haven't had any problems since. I would have the dealer swap it out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
mine has been doing the same thing for a couple months now, with no rhyme or reason. Nothing seems to make it happen or fix itself. Didn't want dealer poking about and screwing/loosening things up, but if others are having same problem then will have some ammo when I take to dealer. Unfortunately, I'm glad it's not just me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:2: FYI...this is not an unusual problem. I do the of ordering of audio units at the dealer that I work for and we get about 1 every six weeks or so for the speakers to go during CD playing on the MO'. The 2003 seems to have a greater problem than the newer MO'. Take it to your nearest dealer and have them replace the unit....takes about 2-5 days for the new unit to come in. BTW it's not Nissan's fault on those audio units it's Clarion. Their initial product is a bit weak...they've started doing a lot better now though:2:

·
4,601 Posts
Nissan's not kicking Clarion's behind and ensuring the dealers have faster access, so they're not blame free. Customer satisfaction would mean, no hassle, I'll order it now, bring it in tomorrow afternoon or the next day and we'll replace it. Most couriers can do a next day shipment...

Speaking of which, every Dealer should have an Alternator in stock. Yeah, I know, that's OEM'd too. Let's blame all of Nissan's suppliers every time there's a problem.:D

Both are known failure items. Stock the parts and get them delivered quickly.;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
:2: you know what jaak i have to agree with you on that...however when a vehicle is new on the market there are going to be some rough spots...you can't blame the dealer though...if a part is not accessible to the dealer then they can't get it to the customer until the manufacturer makes it available...Dealers need some slack here..maybe if Nissan owners would use the Nissan Customer Service line more often then they'd listen more...but folks are stopping at the dealer and blaming them most of the time and that to me is a bit unfair. 1-800-NISSAN-1. Try it :2:

·
4,601 Posts
I agree with you entirely. I think the dealers are the ones stuck in the middle of this. Some dealers do a fabulous job dealing with this, and some suck. It's not the buyer's fault either, and Nissan North America really has to be proactive if they truly want to significantly increase market share.

My Ford was an adequate vehicle, but the level of service I got from the Ford dealers around here, has been outstanding. And it's obvious that comes from Ford supporting them in their efforts.

NNA plays stupid little games sometimes, like claiming SAT doesn't work in the 2003 Murano, when it's obvious they just messed up the delivery of it. Then you guys get stuck in the middle, and don't even get an education as to what's going on, so then you look like you're either stupid, or have lied to the customer.

I don't complain about the dealers, I complain about Nissan's apparent lack of support and effective standards for them, in supporting what I believe are truly fabulous products. I love my Murano, I loved my Maxima, I hated my first dealer, they were useless, and I love my current dealer, they're a model to be followed.

And yes, I do feedback to Nissan when I have a genuine complaint, but that's only been one so far and it's been handled well.

Everyone recognises products can have issues. How well and fast it's taken care of, makes the difference between a customer that swears they'll never buy another, and a customer that absolutely loves you. My Maxima had a disasterous transmission failure. A new transmission later, I was billed for the oil change that I requested. Very positive experience.

Seeing people on this forum getting billed for a battery when their Alternator fails prematurely, is disgusting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts