Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. Speakers suddenly started cutting out while playing the cd player. about a month ago i started getting this problem but i thought i was recording my own cd incorrectly. but it turns out i wasnt crazy. there are times i am listening to some jams on the cd player only to have the left side go out. i even balanced the sound t the left to make sure i wasnt crazy and was right. i have also tried switching from the cd player to the radio to see if this problem persisted and for some wierd reason it doesnt. so i took my mo to the dealer. and they couldnt duplicated the problem, because the mo only gets this occasssionly, bad murano! but i was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems??? I think it is a connection issue of some sort since it also cuts out when i hit bumps. oh well please help with info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem

The left speakers go out, both front and back. I have noticed it with the radio, but it is most noticeable with the cd player. It's still under warranty and I've been meaning to call the dealership.

My cd player has already been replaced too.:(

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Do a search you will find that this is a common problem. Your radio unit needs to be replaced (if under warranty) or you can fix it yourself (if no warranty) by taking it apart and repairing a loose ribbob cable on the inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi zebelkhan, I've also been having this same issue, can you tell me what ribbon cable I need to tighten? My '03 Murano is WAY out of warranty by now I think, so I'll probably need to be doing this myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Left Speakers cut out!

I have the same problem but only when the CD is playing. It started well after warranty of course. The dealer of course just shrugged and said i would have to buy a new head unit. Yes please give a direction as to where the info is on what ribbon cable may be at fault here.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
i also have the same problem.. ive been to nissan 4 times casue of this.. and its still not fixed.. first 2 times they looked at it and couldnt find anythign wrong.. 3rd time they replaced the whole headunit.. 4th time they couldnt find anythign wrong once again.. ive been going to cherry hill nissan here in NJ.. are they lazy or is that a bad dealership.. i was gonna get my MO from them.. but the sales guy was kinda rude... but i dont really care if i get it fixed or not casue i just usually listen to my ipod.... no problems with speakers when listening to my ipod.. but the tape deck is pretty loud..

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you can eject the CD and you have some sound do you think it could still be the ribbon cable listed in the SB?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ya I have the same issue too - will bring it in when I do my oil change.

If it's merely the cable that is loose, then why would Nissan replace the whole head unit??

·
5,100 Posts
Did you expect a dealer to pass up free money from Nissan

Swap out is the motto of profit. Less time and more cash flow. :p

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Actually that is not that cable that causes the left speakers to cut out. The cable that comes loose is actually on inside of the head unit. I remember there was a picture posted by someone a while back. I will try to find it (unless it was deleted when we lost some of the threads last time)

·
5,100 Posts
Sorry I WAS trying`

:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts