Nissan Murano Forum banner

speakers sizes???

26K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  computertech102 
#1 ·
hello ladies and gentle men! im new here and must say there is a bunch or great advise given in this forum. And the first i found to be very helpful. but i cant seem to find a topic where i can see the door sizes on my 2004 murano sport edition?

could anyone be kind enough to tell me the
size on the

dash?
frt door?
rear doors?
i think i only got 6 that i counted.

i wont to put some good quality speakers in there that can some what have some bass but more clear?

any suggestions would be great!

thanx and hope to share some ideas of mine on here as well!

#2 ·
sorry another question?

i want to leave my factory player in my MO but want to install a aftermarket player inside my glove box. is there some sort of wiring i can use to do that? if its possible where i can still use my factory player as if i never touched anything.

but when i want some loud sounds i can use my aftermarket player?

i hope i made sense?
i have seen a scion tc with 3 1 player(aftermarket), stock player, and a dvd player!!! and all 3 would run as if it was only one play? that got my wondering and now i want to do it aswell..

so any help would be greatful...

#3 ·
Here are a couple of other threads about stereo upgrades. I haven't had the chance to do it yet, but it is definately on my list of things to do :)

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4447
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1107
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1343
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1785

I'm not positive about the answers to your specific questions, but I think that most of them can be found in the above threads.

Welcome to the forum!! :D

#4 ·
jimbo said:
hello ladies and gentle men! im new here and must say there is a bunch or great advise given in this forum. And the first i found to be very helpful. but i cant seem to find a topic where i can see the door sizes on my 2004 murano sport edition?
jimbo-

It all depends on which version of the audio system you have - base or Bose.

base model:
160 Watts
Front door - 6x9 with whizzer cone
Rear door - 6.5" round

Bose Model:
225 watts
Front door - 6.5"
Rear door - 6.5"
Two 25mm dash-mounted tweeters
5.25" sub-woofer in spare tire well

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

#5 ·
i got the BOSE system in it... with the 6cd in dash cd changer plus a tape deck in one.

i got the dask s[eakers with the front door and the rear door.

but i cant seem to find where the subwoofer is located at? i dont see nothing where a speaker looks to be in. so im guessing i dont have a subwoofer?:confused:

im gonna go out a check one last time maybe i can get some info as to where exactly its located at...

thanx again for the great info!!!

#6 ·
oops!:rolleyes: :D i found it... and i looked at that box more than 4 times and didnt even think anything of it being a speaker:rolleyes: ...

i also found the amp! saw it in one of those threads that was posted on!

so would u guys recommend any type of speakers now that i know the sizes to them?

#7 ·
jimbo-

The answers to you questions are right right in front of you, just like the subwoofer. Check the threads under this section. You will find simple upgrades like modding the dash-mounted tweeters to enhance the highs. You will also find explanations and photos on full-blown custom installations.

Many member have upgraded the speakers. It is best to do a search to find info on speaker choices because some members that have done the upgrades may no longer be active.

Good luck.

-njjoe

#9 ·
Re: Re: speakers sizes???

I have the base model 04', so basically the dashboard on my car has nothing in there? that means I only have 4 speakers LOL

njjoe said:

jimbo-

It all depends on which version of the audio system you have - base or Bose.

base model:
160 Watts
Front door - 6x9 with whizzer cone
Rear door - 6.5" round

Bose Model:
225 watts
Front door - 6.5"
Rear door - 6.5"
Two 25mm dash-mounted tweeters
5.25" sub-woofer in spare tire well

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

#10 ·
Re: Re: Re: speakers sizes???

virux said:
I have the base model 04', so basically the dashboard on my car has nothing in there? that means I only have 4 speakers LOL /QUOTE]

virux-

The "S" model does not have dash mounted tweeters.

-njjoe

#11 ·
that posted install looks awesome, but there is no way i'm sacrificing my full size spare for those massive amps haha. i'f i can only find someone who does awesome custom boxes like those shown in the pictures, i'd put a sub in the empty passenger side rear container.

#13 ·
virux said:
Mines is the 04' Base SL Package.

That means I still do not have speakers on my dashboard right?
I am sure you will be happy to hear me say you are wrong. The SL model with the base sound system does have dash-mounted tweeters.

Do a search and you will see a simple modification that enhances the performance of the tweeters.

-njjoe

#14 ·
alright I'm also happy to be wrong!
But damn, I'm going to be changing into new speakers soon... that means I'm going to lose the tweeters since Im pulling new wires into the new speakers to my amps that I have. I'd need some suggestions of new tweeters that will fit in the dashboard.

any suggestions?
thanks!

#16 ·
bluzrip said:
I believe these are the tweeters Nissan is using. Note the low sensitivity and high Fs. No wonder they have them crossed over so high! No wonder you have to turn the treble way up to get any highs! No wonder we're pissed that Nissan charges so much for these stereos while they can't easily be upgraded! :rolleyes:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=269-791
I love the fact that a $30,000 car has a $4 set of crappy speakers.

-njjoe

#18 ·
Bose or non-Bose???

I know this is a very old thread and I am about to ask a very stupid question, but how do I know or confirm whether I have the BOSE or non-Bose system in my MO?

Thanks...

#19 ·
I know this is a very old thread and I am about to ask a very stupid question, but how do I know or confirm whether I have the BOSE or non-Bose system in my MO?

Thanks...
Does you head unit have the letters B O S E printed on the cassette tape door? If so, chances are 99.99% that you have the BOSE system. ;)

-njjoe

#24 ·
I hope this post is still watched

I have a 2004 Nissan Muranno without the navigation system. Bose audio 6cd changer. In the cold my audio will not work unless the car warms up. Now I get no sound. I checked the fuses they are good. The last time it worked the front dash speakers (I think they are called Tweeters) popped. How do I remove them I have the panel off but I didn't know how to get the speckers disconnected.

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.