Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007 Murano that I have yet been able to diagnose the issue. When this first started I would try to turn on cruise and I would get a flashing cruise light on the dash but if I restarted the car it would typically go away. Then a few months ago I would set the cruise and it would turn off after a minute or so. A few weeks later I had the speedometer start bouncing and would got to 40 or 60 during driving. All of this with no related codes. I saw that changing the VSS was easy but that hasn't fixed it. I also have on TPS that has stopped sending pressure readings but I don't think that is related. Oh and occasionally the turn signal doesn't give the clicking sound but it has been returning so far.

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
The symptoms may point to a bad ABS sensor on one or more wheels. The ABS system also connects with cruise. I'm not sure about the speedometer, but I'll bet one of the group who knows the electronics better than I do will chime in.

Other ideas...?

Reactions: legionaires

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,258 Posts
I've got a 2007 Murano that I have yet been able to diagnose the issue. When this first started I would try to turn on cruise and I would get a flashing cruise light on the dash but if I restarted the car it would typically go away. Then a few months ago I would set the cruise and it would turn off after a minute or so. A few weeks later I had the speedometer start bouncing and would got to 40 or 60 during driving. All of this with no related codes. I saw that changing the VSS was easy but that hasn't fixed it. I also have on TPS that has stopped sending pressure readings but I don't think that is related. Oh and occasionally the turn signal doesn't give the clicking sound but it has been returning so far.
This is a diagram for how the speed signals get from your wheel speed sensors to your speedometer. As Pilgrim said, a faulty wheel speed sensor can cause wacky behavior like that. Otherwise, it could be something else in the system like the combination meter (... the part in your dashboard that has all the gauges). The turn signal sound problem may or may not be related in that this sound is produced by the combination meter.

Reactions: legionaires

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a personal experience, mine started disengaging the cruise control every time after turning it on, due to small rupture and leak in the hydraulic steering hose. I don't know how this was related, but got that sorted out and everything went back to normal. Perhaps a drop in pressure in the system throws a code which drops the cruise. Some of the experts here might be able to shed a light if and why there might be some correlation between the two. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts