Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every come across a solution like the one below for the Murano? With all the sand and salt on the roads it rear hatch is constantly a ball of dust.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

Attachments

·
5,244 Posts
Had something similar in one of my workcars. Did not work that great. But than again It was there from the begining so maybe situation would have been much worse without it.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I put a lexan wind deflector on a suburban I had and it worked pretty good. It was a piece of lexan that went up and then curved down. On the front of the hump were holes the air could come into and be directed down against the glass. My problem was when I lowered and raised the rear glass, it would get scratched by sand. After the wind deflector it screeched much less.

But, I really don't know how we would do this on the Mo since the roof overhangs the glass.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mgthe3-

No offense, but you could have slapped a shingled overhang on the back of the Suburban, especially if it was an older one, and no one would have noticed! :D

The MO is a different animal altogether. We need to be particularly gentle with the MO so that we don't upset the sculptured lines above the rear glass..:2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
781 Posts
The only solution I've found is more frequent washings.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
njjoe

Actually, it was a two toned black/silver sub that wasn't bad looking at all. I made 9500.00 on the sale of it, so it wasn't too bad was it.
I'm not into tacky---I drive a Mo.

You can see what it looked like here:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
also

I was being gentle by suggesting that the overhang would screw up any air deflector techniques.....
I think we had this thread about a year ago and the concensus was BLECH!
Just say NO to wings, hood scoops or other violations to the art we drive.
:D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: also

mgthe3 said:
I was being gentle by suggesting that the overhang would screw up any air deflector techniques.....
I think we had this thread about a year ago and the concensus was BLECH!
Just say NO to wings, hood scoops or other violations to the art we drive.
:D
The back needs some air flow... just need to find something that looks not too bling bling.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts