Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OEM sat's been around long enough we should see some used deals around...

I just saw one on eBay and thought it might be good to track what they're going for, or to highlight for anyone looking for a deal.

The following one it says is for a G35/FX35, so it's the same one as the Murano's.

Looks like a good deal...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60205&item=5774268231&rd=1

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A picture...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Jaak,

Couple of questions.....

1. What's the normal price for this package? (guesstimate)
2. Do you know if this package includes the long wire(s)/harness needed to get from the receiver to the back hatch?
3. If not, how much (approx) is that part?
4. Ain't it a ***** being trhe SAT guru?

As you know it's a much simpler process for an '04 on up as the harness to the rear is included.

I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Jaak,

Can I use this one if I have a PAC module installed? Thanks
You can have just one, unless you use pac module's imput for SAT, but I think you will lose fidelity.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Yes I am using SAT input for PAC module, but I remember reading that someone use the PAC w/ factory installed SAT.:8:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good Deal

Mr3Putt said:
Jaak,

Couple of questions.....

2. Do you know if this package includes the long wire(s)/harness needed to get from the receiver to the back hatch?

As you know it's a much simpler process for an '04 on up as the harness to the rear is included.

I appreciate your input.
I just got the package for a customer for a 03 that was not pre wired. The tuner was 299 and the antenna 60 with the splitter and the harness was 70.00 So if your MO is a 04 05 GOOD DEAL

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr3Putt said:
Jaak,

Couple of questions.....

I appreciate your input.
Hey guys, sorry for the delay... I'm really busy these days, as this month is the fiscal year end for my employer... I can't wait, for June!

1. Roughly around $300-$400 before Taxes and depending on which antenna you get. Like Larry said. It's a good deal for an '03 as well, you just have to remember that...
2. No it does not include the harness.
3. $60-90 depending on which one and who you get it from. A lot less if you find someone selling the USA-SPEC harness for the USA-SPEC CD changer. Yes, USA-SPEC is the company's name. Weird.
4. It has it's good days and bad days. The majority good and the number of emails I get thanking me for site and the info, and asking simple questions, makes any little hassles worth it. It feels good to give and help people. I certainly appreciate it when others share their experience and knowledge with me, so I try to give back, when I can. But the question made me smile....

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murano_driver said:
Jaak,

Can I use this one if I have a PAC module installed? Thanks
No. er, uh, Yes.

Can you just plug both of them in? No. The Pac emulates the Sat receiver.

Can you do some modifications with a switch and switch between them? Yes. Does it require some wiring skills and the confidence to modify knowing you aren't going to mess things up. Yes, to a certain degree. This has been done on an Infiniti vehicle, by, uh... I'm tired, can't remember his name, but I can dig up the info if you want to try it.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more comment... Remember not to get caught up in crazy bidding if things pick up at the last few minutes. This is from some unknown person, and does not come with the factory warranty. So there is some risk involved, however, it appears reasonable...

So you have to make a judgement as to how far you'd go. The antenna's worth a few bucks, even if the receiver's a dud. (which I doubt, but who knows...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts