Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My dealer tells me they won't do anything about squeaks tics or rattles because my MO has 23mi (39k). Apperantly these are only covered to 12mi (20k) or 1 year. Isn't 3/60 bumper to bumper?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought it was 3yrs/36K for the bumper to bumper. Never heard of 3yrs/60K. Even with an extended warranty it only covers "failures" of "components" after 36K. Now, that said, if they were working on a solution to the same problem before you reached 36K they are obligated to repair the problem if they never solved it. They can't just drag their feet until you exceed 36K and then say, "Opps, you're over 3yrs/36K now and we don't have to work on it anymore."

Larry:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Squeaks and rattles are covered under the standard 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty is Nissan's adjustment period, during which you can get things like a wheel alignment or even warranty for wear items like brake pads (if they wear excessively).

·
Registered
416 Posts
lapriester - 3 yr / 60 k is the Canadian warranty period...the 60 k referring to kilometers, roughly equivalent to 36 k miles...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L. said:
Squeaks and rattles are covered under the standard 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty is Nissan's adjustment period, during which you can get things like a wheel alignment or even warranty for wear items like brake pads (if they wear excessively).
My undertanding is that 36k warranty is bumper to bumper but the drive train is covered for 60k.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:

My undertanding is that 36k warranty is bumper to bumper but the drive train is covered for 60k.
Yes, but the powertrain warranty will not cover squeaks and rattles! :mad:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lapriester said:
I thought it was 3yrs/36K for the bumper to bumper. Never heard of 3yrs/60K. Even with an extended warranty it only covers "failures" of "components" after 36K. Now, that said, if they were working on a solution to the same problem before you reached 36K they are obligated to repair the problem if they never solved it. They can't just drag their feet until you exceed 36K and then say, "Opps, you're over 3yrs/36K now and we don't have to work on it anymore."

Sorry about that I was speaking in terms of kilometers its 3yrs/60000km, and I'm way under that. I'm not sure what to do. I called nissan canada and asked them about squeeks and rattles and he said only the dealer can tell me whether or not a squeak or rattle is covered. Shouldn't this be a yes or no answer. I think their playing games...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aha!! Tricky of you sliding those metrics in there. I'm just a behind the times US kind of guy. But, I'm still glad the US never converted to metric. I wouldn't have ever figured it out. Sorry for the confusion.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts