Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an old post from 2003 on this but not much info there. Anyhow I have an '06 and the brake pedal started squeaking when pressed. Sounds like a spring but I wasn't able to do a complete evaluation yet. Has anyone experienced this? If so what was the fix?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Ctx-

Try lubricating the pivot points.

If that fails, have the dealer fix it under warranty.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I will give the lubrication a try.

I did go try to listen a bit more and it was really hard to identify the exact squeak location (my ears aren't calibrated.. :) ) Anyhow the squeak appeard at times to be behind that rubber boot on the firewall (if that's what it's called) where it goes to the master cylinder. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Ctx said:
Anyhow the squeak appeard at times to be behind that rubber boot on the firewall (if that's what it's called) where it goes to the master cylinder. Any thoughts on that?
Ctx-

If that is the case then it is best left to the dealer. He can remove the brake booster to get to the squeaking component.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Very important - don't just drop your car off at the dealer and say "the brake pedal makes noise." Make sure to take a technician with you on a testdrive (with you driving) and reproduce the noise so they can hear it. Otherwise, you might end up with "could not duplicate" on your repair order, and a wasted day at the dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric L. said:
Very important - don't just drop your car off at the dealer and say "the brake pedal makes noise." Make sure to take a technician with you on a testdrive (with you driving) and reproduce the noise so they can hear it. Otherwise, you might end up with "could not duplicate" on your repair order, and a wasted day at the dealer. Good luck.
Thanks. I called a dealer today and asked he had heard of this. He indicated he had and thought it was a bushing that needed lubrication. Anyhow, I will heed your advice and make sure the squeak is heard by all. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same brake pedal squeak. Took it in for routine oil change yesterday, and the tech said the squeak is a common problem, and there's no lubrication fix - have to order a new pedal assembly (which he did). He said it takes about a week to get the parts, and about 2 hours to install.
gibby26

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gibby26 said:
I have the same brake pedal squeak. Took it in for routine oil change yesterday, and the tech said the squeak is a common problem, and there's no lubrication fix - have to order a new pedal assembly (which he did). He said it takes about a week to get the parts, and about 2 hours to install.
gibby26
I'm glad you told me that. I was going to head to the dealer around 3:30. I will definitely bring that up!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gibby26 said:
gibby26
So I took the car in and the lube didn't work (big surprise there!). They told me I'd need to drop it off so they could take the pedal assembly out and try to figure out where the squeaking was coming from and better lubricate it.

I am doubtful that additional lube will cure the problem. Gibby26, did they tell you exactly what was wrong that the entire assembly needed to be replaced? It would be good info to have when I go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ekaxel said:
"No lubrication fix"

WD-40 spray???
I called them a few weeks back and the service advisor said "Squeaky brake pedal.. happens a bunch.. just a dry bushing. Bring it in and we'll put some silicone lubricant on it for ya. Fix it right up". Well I get there and the gent is puzzled as to why the squeaking is not going away.. said it always "worked on the squeaky clutches". Hmmm.

Anyhow I want to avoid the 50 trips to the dealership to get this fixed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I took the MO in for the oil change, and asked him to check the squeaking brake pedal, he said they get those a lot and he would check it out. When I got the report of the repair, it noted they had ordered a new pedal assembly. I called back & asked about it, and he said there was no fix (lube). He said it was a common problem and the only fix was replacing the assembly.

When the call to tell me the parts are in, I'll ask why lube wouldn't work. I'll report back.

gibby26

·
Registered
49 Posts
New brake pedal assembly installed - no more squeaking. Tech told me lube wouldn't work - I guess he was right.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gibby26 said:
New brake pedal assembly installed - no more squeaking. Tech told me lube wouldn't work - I guess he was right.
Did he say specifically what part was squeaking and why it couldn't be fixed by lube? I'm trying to avoid the pain of taking my car in twice (once for them to come to the "new pedal assembly" determination and second for installation). Thanks for any feedback! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts