Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this website and have enjoyed all of the hints, help, and advice.

Problem: I hear a very noticeable squeak when I press on the break pedal. I took it into the dealer to fix, but of course, they didn't't. I don't want to make the 30 minute drive back to the dealer, nor want to leave it there for another day. It sounds like a squeaky spring.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you correct it?

Thanks.
:)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
No, I do not have this problem. It's always difficult for me to diagnose this way, but it sounds like a spring. I haven't looked at the break pedal mechanism to see if the spring is painted/coated or some such. But that is where I would look for your squeak. I'm not a WD-40 fan, but you can try lubricating the spring and see if that fixes it. I like synthetic lubricants. If you try silicone, just be REAL careful. You don't want to get any on the pedal face, either by application or dripping off later. That stuff is super slippery, just about has to wear off, and could pose a safety problem. Or better yet, take it to the dealer and let them find it and fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. A spring is my guess as well. I did take it to the dealer and they claimed they fixed it but, of course, they didn't . Seemed like a simple fix for them but it wasn't the case.

thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts