Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's got the squeaks!!! I don't know if it's the leather, or something else in the back, but it's driving me nuts!!!

Has anyone figured this one out?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bigbman-

What year is your MO? If it is still under a year old have the dealer take a look at it. If it is rocking then there is a TSB that addresses the problem.

-njjoe

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
My driver seat is creaking and seems to lean more on the outside when I turn. I think something is wrong.

'03 SE.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Plastic cars tend to squeek. I have a squeek somewhere in the dash. I just received the extended warranty paperwork in the mail the other day and it states they do not cover squeeks. I did however see the already mentioned TSB that tells the dealer how to fix the squeeks. Covered or not covered? Guess we'll have to find out.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
I did however see the already mentioned TSB that tells the dealer how to fix the squeeks.
Frumunda Cheese-

The TSB I posted earlier in this thread deals with the creaking and rocking driver's seat. It does not address the body structure. Sorry.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The drivers seat "rocking" TSB actually covers just that - a seat that rocks back and forth. The culprit is a bad seat rail, which the dealer will replace. Unfortunately, this causes *more* squeaking since they put it all back together in a sloppy manner. I was pleased they got rid of the "rocking chair" with this TSB, and in my case when they were done I had some creaking when turning corners afterwards.

To make matters worse, I had the lumbar support TSB performed - this time they had to take apart the back of the seat. Got the car back, drivers seatback cover was halfway off, and now the seat creaks and squeaks even more! Lumber support works again though.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Eric L. said:
To make matters worse, I had the lumbar support TSB performed - this time they had to take apart the back of the seat. Got the car back, drivers seatback cover was halfway off, and now the seat creaks and squeaks even more! Lumber support works again though.
Eric-

It's a shame, but sometimes you roll the dice when you take your car in for service. It should not be that way, but it is.

Some mechanics are both competent and caring. Others are neither.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
njjoe said:

Eric-

It's a shame, but sometimes you roll the dice when you take your car in for service. It should not be that way, but it is.

Some mechanics are both competent and caring. Others are neither.

-njjoe
Yeah its no wonder that people here are reluctant to take their Muranos to the dealer even for a SAFETY recall.

Speaking of recalls, I finally got the fuel tank shield / seat belt recalls in the mail last week. Time to make an appt with the dealer. I predict two new rattles for the car when I pick it up afterwards - can you guess where? :p

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
It is just possible that you could get lucky and get a tech that knows what he/she is doing. I had the seat TSB done about 10k miles ago and "fingers crossed" have not had any issues yet. Best bet would be to talk to the service manager and ask him direcrly to assign a mechanic that has done it before. It may require longer wait time but chances are the job will get done better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually the 'squeak' is coming from the back

The squak actually sounds like it's coming form the read of the car, perhaps in the passenger seats, or one of the compartments in the back. Anyone have this problem? My front seat doesn't make much noise.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Actually the 'squeak' is coming from the back

bigbman said:
The squak actually sounds like it's coming form the read of the car, perhaps in the passenger seats, or one of the compartments in the back. Anyone have this problem? My front seat doesn't make much noise.
bigbman-

Check each compartment and make sure nothing is loose. The squeak could be something as simple as the fiberboard panel rubbing the top of the spare tire.

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
Squeaky Seats, I told my service dealer to check on it too.
It turned out just my imagination~
Case dismissed!

NZM

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Nizmo said:
Case dismissed!

NZM
Wait a minute....did they tell you "could not reproduce?!"

And you believed them?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Nizmo said:
Case dismissed!
NZM
Nizmo-

Are you still imagining the squeaky seats? Or did the dealer use subliminal suggestions to convince you otherwise??

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
Eric L. said:

Wait a minute....did they tell you "could not reproduce?!"

And you believed them?

Yap, that's what they told me..

And Joe, they did something more convincing..
They check the torque on my driver seat's bolts.
Their finding was up to Nissan specs.
Pretty convincing huh..I wonder if I jammed on my brakes on the red light too often...
Shoot, race to the next traffic light to find out~ :runaway:

·
Registered
8 Posts
njjoe said:

LKimura-

There is a Nissan Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #05043 released 06/2005) that addresses your problem. The following link will take you to the TSB:

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-043.htm

I hope this helps.

-njjoe
I've noticed that my driver's seat was squeaking a little bit over the last 6 months or so. And then over the last few days it really seemed like it was moving when I go around a corner...I park in an underground garage and have steep/sharp turns coming in and out.

So, I get out of the car the other day and look behind the seat...nothing. Then I just put my hand on the seat and shake a little bit...the f'ing thing starting moving like a child's tooth that is hanging by a thread. Unreal!

It's good to come back to this board...haven't been back since Sept 06...I guess we all come here to comiserate on the problems we all have the Murano.

I have an '04 with 48k miles on it. Have also had two alternators replaced, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts