Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning when I start my '06 and back out of the garage it squeals. When I get half way down the driveway it stops and I cannot reproduce the problem for the day. Anyone have this? I hate to make an appointment at the dealer as I doubt they will be able to reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My '06 does this too, exactly how you describe. I am going to have them take a look at it, and the fuel filling issue, when I bring it in for its first oil change.

·
Registered
842 Posts
gquiring said:
Every morning when I start my '06 and back out of the garage it squeals. When I get half way down the driveway it stops and I cannot reproduce the problem for the day. Anyone have this? I hate to make an appointment at the dealer as I doubt they will be able to reproduce the problem.
I have the same problem from time to time and it usaully is just the rear brake pads having a slight glaze on them from braking. Some emery paper will remove the glaze and the squeal in no time.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
This was a big issue for 03s when they came out.... Mine was doing the exactly same thing.... then one day it stopped (related brake pad wear I guess).

I don't know if a solution was ever found. This was the first I head of using emery paper.

If do do a search you will find the old posts. I think I know what the dealer will say but tell us your results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts