Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the stainless steel grill some of you were interested in. Contact me for more information.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gaithersburg Nissan near Lakeforest Mall. I think they just changed their name to Victory Nissan, or something silly like that. The grill is made by E & G Classics in Columbia MD - you can also buy it there.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That grill looks great! I think I will photoshop the car black to see what my car will look like with it. If it looks good, then I will get it too. Add an additional set of amber fog lights and it will look even better.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
zebelkhan, if you go to the forum gallery there are a couple black murano's with the grill on them. they look awesome, the grill really stands out nicely on the black mo's

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
AND it's a snap to put on and then YOU will also have a grill to give away!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
how do you take off the stock grill. i see that there are some plastic fasteners but it seems to be clipped to the bumper also??

·
4,994 Posts
YUP, Remove the plastic fastners on the top edges and look down inside and pinch the 8 press in clips that are down at the bottom of the grill on the inside as you pull it out. Check the service manual for drawings and details. Off with the old and on with the new one and a sip of beer in about 1 hour. My dealer did it for free beacuse I bought the grill from them.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i really gotta get this service manual. once we get the 05 mo'(looks kind iffy now with the new subaru B9X and the mazda mx crossport comming out) then i'll defenitaly get one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Installed my stainless grille, this is of much higher quality than the OEM plastic chrome piece. Nice heavy stainless and fits well, picked it up for a fair price from FleaBay.

Highly recommend :18:

·
Registered
179 Posts
zebelkhan said:
That grill looks great! I think I will photoshop the car black to see what my car will look like with it. If it looks good, then I will get it too. Add an additional set of amber fog lights and it will look even better.

Want to see a black one....here's mine:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
dalascby said:

Want to see a black one....here's mine:
Very nice, Dalascby. I must say that I didn't like this grill at first. I preferred the Billet grill. But this is definitely growing on me and I think I like it better than the Billet now. Only catch is there isn't one to match it on the bottom, and if there were I don't think it would look very good.

How is the fit? Any noticable difference in the cracks above and below as you look along the edge?

How about the Nissan emblem? Can you leave it off, or is there a pattern for it underneath? I would rather leave it off if it doesn't look weird...

·
4,994 Posts
There are two holes for the emblem and it looks weird without the emblem. The grill fits, perfect no gaps. One of the many advantages over the billet grill is that it's stainless not Polished Aluminum and is stiff and does bend or warp like the Alum grill does. Plus the perimeter adds to the stiffness..

Ther is not an accompanying bottom that I have ever found. So I added true driving light to go in the bottom.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What are you guys using to polish the grille? I'm using Mother's Mag Polish with microfibre cloths and it does a nice job. Stainless does require more maintenance than chrome or plastichrome IMHO.

·
4,994 Posts
I just rubbed the "Insulator Wax" on it, while doing the rest of the MO.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I don't know about the grill - but on stainless appliances we use "Stainless Magic". It can be found at any hardware store (Menards, Lowes, Home Depot..).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Grille

I missed something again, story of my life, are you selling?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have seen the stainless grill and I think it fits too tight with almost no gap between the hood, top of front bumper and the headlights. It looks like the grill could gouge the bumper if the bumper took a slight bump. Overall look is good but I am getting to like the standard grill more as time goes by but it could be improved I am sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts