Nissan Murano Forum banner

Stainless Steel Trim Kits & Accessories

5K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  tallan 
#1 ·
Hi!

1. Has anyone installed the polished stainless steel window trim kits, rocker panel kits? I saw different sources selling similar items and I was wondering if they were all manufactured from the same place.

2. If you have installed the kits, does it match the chrome on the door handles? The color of the chrome door handles seems like a shade of dark chrome.

Thanks!

Nick

:)

#2 ·
Welcome - Another Singapore MO Owner

I have the 18-piece windows and rocker trim from QAA. I think all the sellers got theirs from QAA so there should just be one source.

I can't reply to your question regarding whether the stainless trim matched the door handle chrome as I don't have the car to put them on yet. I ordered the car from Tan Chong and they are not delivering yet.

You can check with r300emy, he got his MO from Hycarz last month and have also order the same 18-piece. I would expect he should have already received the package.

You are the fourth MO owner from Singapore here in the forum, the other one is sgpmo who has also ordered his from Tan Chong.

BTW, where did you get your MO?

#3 ·
Singapore MO Owners!

Hi! Glad to know that there are guys out there from SGP! Anyway, I'm getting from Vin Cars. Delivering next month. Well, I'll have to order the parts in first I guess! Looking forward to seeing lots of MO on the roads!:D

#6 ·
Re: Singapore MO Owners!

nick.sg said:
Hi! Glad to know that there are guys out there from SGP! Looking forward to seeing lots of MO on the roads!:D
Where are you guys going to be able to go for a nice long run with the MO's ... unless you cross the causeway into Jahore Baharu?!

With your tax on cars, I hate to think what you folks are paying for the vehicle but I know you're going to love it!

Congratulations on your purchases!:5:

#7 ·
JB

Yes, Johor, kuala Lumpur, Malacca, there are plenty of highways just across the causeway.

The Nissan authorized dealer here in Singapore has already taken more than 100 confirmed orders and it is still a month away before Murano is official launch not to mention the PIs that have already imported quite a few of them.

#8 ·
hi all,
Just wanted to say i just placed my order for a murano as well. Another proud owner to be here in sunny singapore. So what is the most popular color for muranos here anyway? I really liked the copper one, but the missus thinks its too radical, went for the black, with sunroof... :) So anybody else ordered from TC Sg?

#9 ·
Great to see the Singapore MO population is growing!

Hi Marc, Welcome to the forum.

So far, I am aware of the following Singapore MO owners (and to-be owners) in this forum:

marc5 - Black with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
r300emy - Black with sunroof (from Hycarz) - got his car
sgpmo - Copper with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
nick.sg - ? (from Vin Car) - waiting (nick, please update us on your car)
chimpanzee - Black w/no sunroof (from TC) - waiting

3 out of 5 are black so we might have to get together to do some serious detailing together :D

Did you went to the launch last week? I was disappointed that they did not change the monochrome LCD to color so the revese camera can be factory fitted. Instead, they put in a separate LCD on top of the factory LCD with locally fitted reverse camera and GPS. But last Saturday's Life Motoring review was laughing at the position TC put the LCD screen. In sunny Singapore, we are not going to be able to see the screen unless during night time because of the relfection.

#10 ·
No I didn't attend the launch. Was away then, and you're right, the gps add-on was a little iffy, but i had a word with the marketing manager, and he mentioned they realise the flaw (poor viewing due to reflections and glare) Apparently, that isn't the final design. I will be more upright, and there might be a lip to shade the screen. But i must admit that the mouse type controller is a little difficult to use. It isn't deactivated while on the move tho so maybe the passenger can have a go on it. Plus, there is also another remote controller for the screen itself, and there are apparently 2 other inputs, so those with aspirations to include a dvd or xbox in the car will be pleased.
Actually, I've noticed something abt the murano here in singapore. Even though its very similar to the US version, the bose set is different. From what i can see from fiddling with it(at the showroom), the headunit has its own display built in. ie information is not displayed on the multifunction display. Also, i suspect that there isn't an aux input. quite disappointing because i was really hoping to connect my ipod with the pac unit. There are only fm/am, cd and tape buttons, no sat button like the us versions. Anyone knows of a site to display all the different types of bose headunits and their specs?
I must apologise in advance for posting it in this thread but i really didn't want to start another one. it seemed so trivial.

#11 ·
marc5 said:
Actually, I've noticed something abt the murano here in singapore. Even though its very similar to the US version, the bose set is different. From what i can see from fiddling with it(at the showroom), the headunit has its own display built in. ie information is not displayed on the multifunction display. Also, i suspect that there isn't an aux input. quite disappointing because i was really hoping to connect my ipod with the pac unit. There are only fm/am, cd and tape buttons, no sat button like the us versions. Anyone knows of a site to display all the different types of bose headunits and their specs?
Oh no, I have bought the PAC-AAI-NIS already. I actually saw the JDM car that TC brought in around late July and the SAT button was there. If there is no SAT plug at the back then I will have to get rid of the PAC unit some how. You have mentioned that there are two inputs from the locally fitted LCD, will we be able to connect the iPod to one of those input?

Actually we should start another thread and not hijack Marc's Stainless trim thread. I was thinking whether we should ask the moderator to create a SINGAPORE folder under the CLUBS section. This will allow all Singapore MO owners to have a place to go to discuss Singapore related MO topics. What do you think?

#12 ·
Hi Dudes!

Glad to find some company here!
Same here, i've ordered my black 2.5 mo w sunroof from TC and should be getting at round the same time as you guys....last i've heard it's mid to last week of oct.

honestly i wouldn't be surprised to see lotsa mo on our roads....likely to be the next "taxis" like the rx/harrier.
look on the bright side :cool:, it's an affirmation that we've got a good set of wheels.

very interested to get some of the accessories that chimp and the rest have mentioned.

have you guys met up with r300emy and his mo yet? would love to meet up and see what's he's done with his wheels. ynot post some pics r300emy?

i will probably be engaging zaino to do the detailing...if anyone interested can do a collective thingy, maybe can get some discount?!!! :p

#13 ·
New MO Owner

Hi everyone,

My MO is also platinum in colour! Anyway, I was wondering if you guys with the JDM model figured out all the screen displays and functions? Thought that it may be pretty difficult to understand Japanese. Hope there's some conversion kit perhaps out in the market?

For the trim kits, any feedback? Do they look pretty good on the car? It really looks great from the pics here posted by the other guys! Any good recommendation where I should order the kits? Found quite a few sellers and sites.

#14 ·
Re: Great to see the Singapore MO population is growing!

chimpanzee said:
Update: So far, I am aware of the following Singapore MO owners (and to-be owners) in this forum:

nick.sg - Platinum (from Vin Car) - waiting
tallan - black with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
Singapore MO owners list updated.

#15 ·
tallan said:
Hi Dudes!

Glad to find some company here!
Same here, i've ordered my black 2.5 mo w sunroof from TC and should be getting at round the same time as you guys....last i've heard it's mid to last week of oct.

honestly i wouldn't be surprised to see lotsa mo on our roads....likely to be the next "taxis" like the rx/harrier.
look on the bright side :cool:, it's an affirmation that we've got a good set of wheels.

very interested to get some of the accessories that chimp and the rest have mentioned.

have you guys met up with r300emy and his mo yet? would love to meet up and see what's he's done with his wheels. ynot post some pics r300emy?

i will probably be engaging zaino to do the detailing...if anyone interested can do a collective thingy, maybe can get some discount?!!! :p
I hope our MO won't be as popular as RX/Harrier as that is one of the reason why I did not get a Toyota. :p
I was with r300emy when he take delivery of the car but have not met up with him since. I was waiting for my MO before making a meetup suggestion. As for detailing, I was thinking of getting Klasse as the shop is two blocks away from where I stay and for the price of Zaino, I can get these guys to Klasse my car every other month. But, I would like to see the result from Zaino on your black MO. I might change my mind after seeing the Zaino effect. :D

#16 ·
since i'm the newest here, guess i'll do the honours and update the headcount:

tallan - black with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
nick.sg - platinum (from Vin Car) - waiting

nicksg, i guess that's the prob with getting from PI.
my previous ride was a PI RAV4 with none of the electronic gadgets found in likes of the harrier/murano (well its cheaper of course)....so no prob with the jap instructions.
well again look on the bright side, i understand that JDMs are suppose to be of higher quality than export models.
The japs do the same for alot of their other products, like their cosmetics (according to my wifey).
well we can always meet up after the guys get their mo from TC and we can then figure them out together....

#17 ·
ok ok, final hijack to the thread. The test car TC is using, the JDM model, does indeed have a SAT button. The one TC is actually selling doesn't. Sorry chimp, i guess you can sell it to the JDM guys. unless it works then i'll get one too. I'm in the states at least twice a month, so maybe i should start shopping for stuff too...

#18 ·
Re: New MO Owner

nick.sg said:
Hi everyone,

My MO is also platinum in colour! Anyway, I was wondering if you guys with the JDM model figured out all the screen displays and functions? Thought that it may be pretty difficult to understand Japanese. Hope there's some conversion kit perhaps out in the market?

For the trim kits, any feedback? Do they look pretty good on the car? It really looks great from the pics here posted by the other guys! Any good recommendation where I should order the kits? Found quite a few sellers and sites.
nick, IMO, the stainless steel trim will look best on black MO. The contrast on a Platinum will not be as great as it is on Black. Just my 2 cents. The JDM car owners will have to get use to the Japanese menu as I understand there is no way to chip it to English. But, I don't think it will be a big problem as most of us will be using certain functions and pressing certain buttons anyway. Once you know what each button meant, it should not be that difficult to operate a Japanese menu. The upside for them is that they get the color LCD and factory reverse camera + side camera and autofoldable side mirrors for virtually the same price so their OMV is a lot higher than ours.

I ordered my trims from eBay and the service was very good. I had a very short windows of time to get the package while I was visiting the States and they deliver according to my instruction to my hotel. They even follow-up with me when I returned to Singapore and asked how is the installation. I promised them a photo when I eventually get the trims installed.

PM me if you want the name of this eBay seller.

What do you feel about my suggestion on getting a Singapore Club folder for us to talk Singapore Stuff? Anyone?

#19 ·
chimpanzee said:
I hope our MO won't be as popular as RX/Harrier as that is one of the reason why I did not get a Toyota. :p
I was with r300emy when he take delivery of the car but have not met up with him since. I was waiting for my MO before making a meetup suggestion. As for detailing, I was thinking of getting Klasse as the shop is two blocks away from where I stay and for the price of Zaino, I can get these guys to Klasse my car every other month. But, I would like to see the result from Zaino on your black MO. I might change my mind after seeing the Zaino effect. :D
---------------------------

well i know what you mean....wanna maintain abit of that exclusivity.
...but honestly i reckon that we'll all be "taxi" drivers if the initial number of orders told by my SE is anything to go by....already 300+!

so where's this klasse place? website? how much?
i understand that zaino is suppose to give the "wettest" look for dark coloured cars.
the effect would not be so evident for light coloured ones....

incidentally, are you getting any solar film from TC?
my SE recommended thermal guard, don't know good or not.

#21 ·
tallan said:

---------------------------

well i know what you mean....wanna maintain abit of that exclusivity.
...but honestly i reckon that we'll all be "taxi" drivers if the initial number of orders told by my SE is anything to go by....already 300+!

so where's this klasse place? website? how much?
i understand that zaino is suppose to give the "wettest" look for dark coloured cars.
the effect would not be so evident for light coloured ones....

incidentally, are you getting any solar film from TC?
my SE recommended thermal guard, don't know good or not.
I have created a new thread in the General section so as not to hijack this thread. We can all move to the new thread for general Singapore MO discussion.

#22 ·
hi guys...great to hear that there r more n more members from singapore here now...haha..i am currently in hong kong now,will be back on monday...anyways if u guys wanna take a peep at my car....we k have a coffee gathering on monday night...my ride...MO black with red leathers,18 pcs SS n side , 20" fabulous rims...waiting for more stuffs to add to my ride...looking at the pandora bodykit..:)
update me ya cheers!!!!

#23 ·
Hi Remy

r300emy said:
hi guys...great to hear that there r more n more members from singapore here now...haha..i am currently in hong kong now,will be back on monday...anyways if u guys wanna take a peep at my car....we k have a coffee gathering on monday night...my ride...MO black with red leathers,18 pcs SS n side , 20" fabulous rims...waiting for more stuffs to add to my ride...looking at the pandora bodykit..:)
update me ya cheers!!!!
Hey, congrats on your HK win. Saw you in the news this morning :D

You should post some nice pic of your ride here to let everyone envy you. You know, so far you are the only one who has got the car within this group.

#24 ·
r300emy said:
update me ya cheers!!!!
chimpanzee said:
Hey, congrats on your HK win. Saw you in the news this morning :D

You should post some nice pic of your ride here to let everyone envy you. You know, so far you are the only one who has got the car within this group.
oh?!! r300emy? that figures.
congrats!
maybe the potent combination of your wife and your new MO brought you luck....ha ha.
hope i can get the same kinda luck when my MO arrives, afterall wife i got already....ha ha :D

r300emy, would love to check out your MO over a kopi.
but wouldn't it be too tiring for you to meet when you're back on monday itself?
must say the pandora mod damn fierce.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.