Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad I'm not going crazy here (like the dealership I go to, want me to believe). Last winter my Murano hesitates at least three times before it will start. Every time it does this I take it to the dealer (just a mile away from my work). Of course, when they test it, the problem does not manifest itself) since the engine already is up on its proper temp. I have had this experience at least three times and all three times I took it to the dealership. They just gave me this "are you crazy look". I am glad I was not the only one.

Thanks Tyler of Canada.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Mine has done it when cold and when hot, but only the first time starting. Second try always works fine.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, leave MO at the dealer overnight, drag the tech over and demo it next cold morning. Or better yet let him/her start the engine.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
That's not likely to happen unless absolutely necessary. I'd have to rent a vehicle. I can describe the problem, but if it only happens once or twice a day, it'll take them aeons to figure it out. They're better off going with the failure to do an idle air volume learn, which should fail timer after time.

Repeatability is the key to diagnosing problems quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts