Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my alternator recall done on my 2004 murano SE (26,000mi) and picked up starting problems when it was at operating temperature. I took it back to the dealer with a hand full of printouts from this site of people with the same problem. The dealer hadn't heard of this problem yet but did do the "Air Flow relearn" procedure that was mentioned by people in this site. So far the problem is gone.

My question is if every time you disconnect the battery, will the problem resurface?
I also had the gas cap lock failure problem that took to trips to the dealer to finally correct. Along with window rattle and bad FM radio reception problems. So far all problems have been solved under warranty.

I like the car very much, but 5 trips to the dealer in 1 and a half years in 26,000 miles for warranty work is a bit excessive. I believe this will be my first and last Nissan and will never go back to the dealer i bought it from.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I was talking with a coworker who was telling me her relatives own two Nissans and one has 400k miles on it and the other has 350+k miles on it--both with no major repairs. That was a testimony if I ever heard one.
;)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
From all the evidence I've seen, this has nothing to do with the battery being disconnected.

·
5,244 Posts
I have to say I have never owned a car with so many small "quirks" and annoyances. And still so loveable! I have no doubts the car will last long time except paint work and the other question I have is the CVT longevity. And repair price!

It is my believe that Murano basic design and built is very good. There are however minor quality quirks that hamper the good overall impressions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts