Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the 3,000,000 volts generated by the MO!!
My wife and I are constantly getting zapped by the MO and it can be panty hose because she doesn't wear them. I on the other hand........javascript:smilie(':D')
big grin

I have been wondering how to harness this energy to power my house! The shocks we get are huge.

I am looking at a set of those straps that hang underneath and ground the MO.....anyone use these before?

Thanks

Dave

PS If you pictures of my panty hose, just email, maybe I need a different brand!!
javascript:smilie(':2:')
javascript:smilie(':2:')

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Do you have leather seats?

Re. the straps, If it is the car generating the electrostatic charge they could help. If it is the passenger sliding across the fabric seats. Then I would use on of the 3m Conductive sprays. (auto zone - Radio Shack) It may or may not help.

·
Registered
252 Posts
or you could just ground yourself before getting out of the car. you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the car before getting out.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
When the static starts to get bad in my cars (all of them have had this problem) I just rub a dryer sheet on the fabric and it's good to go for another couple months. Give it a try. Nice and cheap, and leaves your car smelling "laundry fresh"! ;)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Well its both... if the relative humidity is low... and you get out of the MO and slide accross the seat... you will get zapped.

When it gets bad I touch the door frame of the MO (not the door) as I get out and that grounds me... no zapping.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
The Gonzo Method works

The conductive spray will do the same thing without having to hold on to the handle. It is clear and non staining. Your body is about a 500pf capacitor and 25 to 30K volts is a ral possibility on a dry day.

E = 1/2 CV squared so it is a good bang. Enough to fire a blasting cap easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts