Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be driving from south Florida to North Carolina next week. I have read that it is not good to drive at a constant speed. Does this mean I should not use cruise control for more than a couple of hours? It's about a 15 hour drive and I plan on driving non-stop with the exceptional dog and wife walk. lol
Thanks!
Erick and Katie
www.ialmond.com/TheKablers

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
This is true only if you have a brand new car, and have not gotten through the break-in period yet (which I think is 500 miles on the Murano). You can check your owners manual for more information on this.

There is some doubt on whether new cars even require a break in period anymore. If you have to go on the trip right now, I wouldn't even worry about the break in period.

·
Registered
256 Posts
from Ft. Laud. @ 75-80 mph and only a couple pit stops it should only take you 11 hours max. I hit exit 98 in SC in 7.5 from here. Dinner/lunch not included. Set it and forget the cruise. Can't hurt anything.

·
Registered
256 Posts
unless you're towing then should stop everyonce in a while to check on the important stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm really not the person to be that worried about things. It's a new car with a pretty good warrenty that covers me through my lease. At that point I will just get another one. This is however my 1st brand new car so I feel an obligation to take care of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts