Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sterring Column Control Lights

Does anyone know whether Nissan is planning to enable the controls that are presently on the steering column to be lit for use at night? They are convenient but should be lit as are the center consol and door controls.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Sterring Column Control Lights

MO4TOM said:
Does anyone know whether Nissan is planning to enable the controls that are presently on the steering column to be lit for use at night? They are convenient but should be lit as are the center consol and door controls.
If you are referring to the radio and cruise control switches, then yes, it is my understanding that they are illuminated on 2006 models. Will someone with a 2006 MO please confirm this?

-njjoe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, but

You must have the illumination up almost all the way to see it. Otherwise they are super dim and unreadable anyways. See how bright the speedo is?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The 2006 gauge cluster, IMHO, is so much nicer than the clownish orange display in earlier MOs.

Enforcer-

Nice photo.

Seeing that you have had both style gauge clusters, which one do you like better?

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I miss the old one it was distinctive, nothing else like it, a change. But this is nice too. The one bug I think they have with this is that you cannot dim the dash with the headlamps off (ie during the day), it is quite bright. And possibly that you cannot dim the cruise and high beam symbols with the headlamps on (ie at night), they are quite bright.

·
5,244 Posts
Hm, so close and so far.......I just cannot get it. With so many options/possibilities with modern car WHY we cannot adjust such as a simple thing. Are we asking too much? I do not think. An almost $40k car should offer iit....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sterring Column Control Lights

Thanks to all for you're answering my question. It's a wonderful and helpful addition.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Enforcer-

I can understand those lights being bright if they were warning lights for low-oil pressure or imminent CVT failure, but definitely not the cruise control or high-beam symbols. Whomever spec'd those lamps must have been wearing sunglasses when they were being evaluated.

Oh well, there's alway's a chance they'll get it right next year. (I say that about the New York Giants every year. :p )

-njjoe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts