Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing the Consumer Reports site and decided to look at their review of the Murano. It was the same review they've always had up, except that now, in the part where they complain about the steering problem (losing power if hard turns to left and right) they say that "Nissan claims this will be fixed in 2005 models." Wonder if that means we'll get a recall to fix the '04 and '03 models?

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I don think so.. nissan will have to recall more than 100,000 murano

if they want to fix every one of the 03 and 04 murano.
As long as there is no lawsuit started againts the 03 and 04 power-sterring-pump-incapable-of-providing-long-enoug boost, i am afraid that nissan will close their eyes.

See nothing, hear nothing, know nothing attitude :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Although since they now know how to "fix" it, they might put out a TSB... Keep your eyes peeled.

One additional reason why I'm happy I'm waiting for the 05...

~ Corin

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
If anyone knows where this source of info came from please let me know.. I want to walk into the dealership with "proof in hand" and demand a fix.. (they won't seem to even acknowledge it any other way)..

if anyone can post the author of the article, I'lll try contacting them to see where they got the info from..

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
darrylburke said:
If anyone knows where this source of info came from please let me know.. I want to walk into the dealership with "proof in hand" and demand a fix.. (they won't seem to even acknowledge it any other way)..

if anyone can post the author of the article, I'lll try contacting them to see where they got the info from..
I had read up on the consumer reports info before going to the dealer, and during the test drive I did the same thing that CR did: Drive really slow in the parking lot and turn the wheel from one extreme to the other as quickly as I could. I could feel it "tighten up". The dealer was very interested as he had not heard of this before, and he tried it himself. It took him a couple tries doing it, but definitely felt it. Said he was going to try to get some more info for me about it, but I never heard back from him. The next time I went to the dealership he was no longer working there. Coincidence? :)

~ Corin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
darrylburke said:

It's from the road test section on the website, so there's no byline. It's also premium content that you have to pay for (I'm a subscriber to the website)

Here's the actual language from the review:

The Murano scored very well in our tests and is a competitive model in the crowded SUV market. We like its powerful engine performance, nimble handling, strong brakes, comfortable rear seats, and relatively good fuel economy. However, a stiff ride, limited rearward visibility, and its use of premium fuel are notable drawbacks. Of greater concern is a flaw in the steering; it can momentarily become stiff in certain conditions. Nissan claims to have addressed this for the 2005 model year.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
My dealer service tech told me a customer demanded he take a Murano home to experience the steering defect.
Not only did he see it, he claimed it almost killed him during a sharp lane change.

What's to bet I could never get him to repeat that comment in fromt of his boss?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts