Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't driven a FWD vehicle in a long time, although I have had my MO for better than 8 months. Is it normal to feel a bit of resistance in the steering wheel during regular driving conditions? I feel a bit of a pull when I am on a straightaway and just slightly move the steering wheel right or left(just a hair in either direction). I had a Jeep GC for a long time, over 12 years and the steering was numb on that car.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sounds like the pull is from the crown in the highway. If so this is normal. Try to drive (without traffic) in the middle of the road and see if it happens. When turning the wheel you will feel resistance on this car.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
it also might be torque steer since yours is fwd only.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I goofed when I said it was FWD. I have an SL AWD, but isn't it FWD most of the time anyway? Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I sure hope you don't feel torque steer under normal driving conditions.

I'm guessing either the crown of the road or alignment.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I had an experience today that was alarming. I was trying to accelerate hard while changing lanes and my right front wheel went over the small groove in the middle of the road and all of a sudden the car started to track it! I had a hard time steering the car for a few seconds. Just to be sure it was not the road that caused it, I took my neighbors front weel drive, went to the same exact spot, and duplicated what I had done... No steering problem with that car at all....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I had an experience today that was alarming. I was trying to accelerate hard while changing lanes and my right front wheel went over the small groove in the middle of the road and all of a sudden the car started to track it! I had a hard time steering the car for a few seconds. Just to be sure it was not the road that caused it, I took my neighbors front weel drive, went to the same exact spot, and duplicated what I had done... No steering problem with that car at all....
It might be the tread pattern on the tires, some are more succeptable to following grooves on the road than others.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
It is possible. I also have 38 psi in the tires so that could have contributed as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts