Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sort of. Haha. Motorville Nissan said they couldn't isolate the vibrating and said it if gets worse, to bring it back. ($210 for this). Since it seemed to go away the first time the seal was replaced, and then came back when seal was leaking again, then worse after seal replaced 2nd time, I personally am leaning towards the CV axle itself (only thing touched when seal was replaced, that had an affect on the shaking/shuttering). But could a bad or worn CV axle cause vibrating bad enough to shake the passengers seat and felt LIGHTLY through the whole car?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I mean it could i suppose. Have I ever seen it especially on a murano? Not really...

Things that could cause vibrations are out of balance wheels/tires or tires with high spots, unbalanced rear driveshaft and/or worn ujoints, worn suspension components such as bushings and warped brake rotors.

There's not much else I can recommend checking, if its really bothering you i'd let the professionals deal with it before something dangerous can happen.

IMO shoulda had them continue diagnosing when you had the car there. Or maybe explain to them there is now a vibration after the work was performed and you'd like to know what it is. Have them roadtest it overnight if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem, severe vibration and road roar noise, i started with the tires and wheels, new tires, new balance and rotation, with no help, brake rotors needed replacing so did that, new pads, Was advised by a mechanic that it was the hubs, changed those, no help, replaced both right and left CV axles, no help, vibration is not all the time, but when it is you have to pull off the road, sometimes killing the engine and restart cures the problem for a short while,, it is getting worse and more often,, any of you think it could be the CVT transmission, electronic controls?? putting the car in neutral while driving does nothing to help it either, Front engine mount may need replacing, that is next,, but has to be something other than an engine mount. CVT fluid level is OK. Struts and shocks have been replaced. Car has 180,000 miles. Please HELP,, any IDEA's out there???

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a similar problem, severe vibration and road roar noise, i started with the tires and wheels, new tires, new balance and rotation, with no help, brake rotors needed replacing so did that, new pads, Was advised by a mechanic that it was the hubs, changed those, no help, replaced both right and left CV axles, no help, vibration is not all the time, but when it is you have to pull off the road, sometimes killing the engine and restart cures the problem for a short while,, it is getting worse and more often,, any of you think it could be the CVT transmission, electronic controls?? putting the car in neutral while driving does nothing to help it either, Front engine mount may need replacing, that is next,, but has to be something other than an engine mount. CVT fluid level is OK. Struts and shocks have been replaced. Car has 180,000 miles. Please HELP,, any IDEA's out there???
I believe the 1st generation Murano has electronically-controlled engine mounts that are supposed to reduce vibration at very low RPMs (idle to approx. 900-1,000 RPMs). Is the vibration present only at low RPMs or is it also noticeable under hard acceleration?

Normally, I'd suspect some suspension or steering component, especially since you said that coasting in neutral doesn't help. But, your statement that simply turning the car off and restarting makes it go away for a while is a bit puzzling to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
puzzling and frustrating, and until recently it was only at hi speed, now it is even at low speeds, thanks for your reply

21 - 25 of 25 Posts