Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was wondering if all you Murano owners could help me? I have had a shudder in my steering wheel at highway speeds (60-70 mph) since I got my Murano. (About a month ago). I have brought it back to the dealership twice. Both times they said it was out of balance and that they fixed it. Now the last time I picked it up it was WORSE!! :evil: Has anyone else felt anything like this? They have tried to tell me that it's just a characteristic of the car and may be attributed to the 18" wheels. I find this very hard to believe. They don't seem to want to help me anymore, and of course I call the salesman and he no longer works there! I have called Nissan and am taking it to a different dealership, but I just want to be sure that I'm not crazy. I can't imagine that this is normal! Any feedback or comments would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Erik

·
Registered
19 Posts
this has been a bad problem on most 1996-2000 Pathfinders. They had 15 or 16" wheels, so the problem is NOT with the large tires. It was suspension and steering wheel tuning on my pathfinder. Rotate wheels often.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agree with TopDog. I had a 99.5 Pathfinder and had the same shudder around that speed. First they told me it was a balance problem, but after multiple balances, they found something in the steering (can't remember the name) that wasn't adjusted properly at the factory. Took them 1/2 hr to sort it out and never had a problem after that, provided I rotated and balanced every 6000 miles (which I always do anyways). This lasted until the lousy Dunlop tires crapped out around 38000 miles and threw a belt. As for my Murano, haven't had any problems at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts